• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Fox

S P O N G E

Smash Cadet
I picked up Fox about a month ago, and I need some help.
How can I mix up my approaches, I generally go nair shine or drill shine, or just a straight up grab. I was playing a toon link player and he would just throw bombs and stuff at me, when ever I approached he would just kind of wreck me, even when I tried baiting out moves. How can I really get in on a toon link player when projectiles are being thrown at me?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Nair.
Just youtube search the match up in ether PM or Melee. Doesn't fox have a general thread...just ask there

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Don't mindlessly approach, you get wrecked and predictable.

Dash dance and bait things, you also have the speed to weave through projectiles.

Garr

Smash Apprentice
> Watch the opponent, not yourself. If your tech is on point, you should already have a subconscious idea of where you are.

> You're crazy fast when dash dancing. Use it.

> Download this: http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2mpk0e/hyls_simple_training_addon/. It's an add-on that prevents P2 from receiving knockback. Perfect for practicing shine pressure.

> Jump cancel your grabs. Seriously, you'd be a fool not to.

> Watch Melee Fox and PM Fox matches. They're both pretty identical.

> Have patience. This character is by far one of the hardest to master.

> Always challenge yourself. They're opportunities, and most importantly, have fun with the game.

S P O N G E

Smash Cadet
Oh this thread is pretty old now, but thanks anyway.
My fox is pretty great now not even gonna lie :^)

Top Bottom