• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here is how to recover with luigis cyclone

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Or you know... just learn how to mash the b-button. I guess w/e works for you.
seriously though, i see all these people with their crazy button configurations just trying to mimic what I can do with minimal effort...It may be because of my background in the Drums, exercised my fingers for fast motions such as mashing.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Very nice! Very creative and useful.

If you don't want to change the controls, There is another way to spam B easily without your thumb catching on fire. Well, this is what works for me at least.

By using your index fingernail on the 3DS, slide it back and forth horizontally as fast as you can across the B button. But it requires you to rest the 3DS on something because you need the 3DS to be stable.

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
Very nice! Very creative and useful.

If you don't want to change the controls, There is another way to spam B easily without your thumb catching on fire. Well, this is what works for me at least.

By using your index fingernail on the 3DS, slide it back and forth horizontally as fast as you can across the B button. But it requires you to rest the 3DS on something because you need the 3DS to be stable.
Yeah this is what I also do on the 3DS, but I did it long enough to the point where I don't need to rest it on my lap; I can do it fine standing up. It works a lot better than this method since your movement isn't hindered (you don't need to give up as much control on the movement stick) and if at one point you somehow get hit out of it or stage spiked than you can react quicker than if you do this method.

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Or you know... just learn how to mash the b-button. I guess w/e works for you.
It's not even a matter of learning. My fingers just don't move that fast. I can only get the full distance of jumpless cyclone on 1/4 speed on training mode. On 1/2 speed I can get some of it. On 2/3 speed, next to nothing. Seriously. It's that hard for me.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
It's not even a matter of learning. My fingers just don't move that fast. I can only get the full distance of jumpless cyclone on 1/4 speed on training mode. On 1/2 speed I can get some of it. On 2/3 speed, next to nothing. Seriously. It's that hard for me.
You gotta use your fingernail, it helps so much.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
Just keep practicing. Tbh the method I use is actually just sort of flexing my muscles (lol i know) and it creates a sort of fast spaz thing going. This allows you to rapidly press the b-button.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Just keep practicing. Tbh the method I use is actually just sort of flexing my muscles (lol i know) and it creates a sort of fast spaz thing going. This allows you to rapidly press the b-button.
What do you do if you have finger problems? I set a jump button to special (I use gamepad) and mash both. Would that help?

Last edited:

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
I just ride the momentum of his single/double jumps...This is interesting!

Last edited:
Top Bottom