• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holding a Turnip in Shield vs Jigglypuff.

Sprankles

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone I play jiggs and sometimes peach and have some questions. So Jigglypuff can interact with peaches shield safely using fade backs and some mix ups, but if peach has a turnip in shield, I've heard this gives her an overall advantage against puff in that situation. In what ways does peach having a turnip make interacting with her shield more dangerous? Could you explain?

Also in what ways do you use turnips against Jigglypuff players? I'm trying to increase my understanding of neutral when I have a turnip or against turnips while jiggs.

rolltorest

Smash Rookie
It doesn't give peach an advantage per se. It just allows her to punish puff fade away aerial on shield by throwing the turnip out of shield. I guess it also allows peach to do turnip drop shenanigans if puff crosses up peach's shield but I wouldn't say it's a particularly powerful option

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, when Peach has a turnip in hands, she can punish Puffs landings, so his only options are rising back airs, which make him lose the pressure he put you in first place.

It's sad that the only thing you get from grounded turnips in this matchup is 8% + turnip, since the stage control in this matchup is finnicky, but we take those lmao

Sprankles

Smash Rookie
Thanks you two! So the main idea is that decisions that are usually made safe using fade backs are now in her oos turnip throw arc, which needs to be considered. Rising FH aerials if she didn't throw as I was landing are ok. Sounds like I should bait the throw so my fade back options become available again.

Also interesting note. She can't grab or use smashes with a turnip. She can FC aerials oos with a turnip though.

Top Bottom