• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How could they buff Luigi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
Better traction, so he could punish and use shield grab without many problems...

Poltergust as a grab, to raise his grab range...

Fireballs should travel faster and go farther...

Super Jump Punch shouldn't have the same ending lag which it has in Brawl...

His head doesn't get stuck in the wall if he hits it with a Green Missile sometimes...

D

Deleted member

The Poltergust should be his grab. It will give him more reach with his attacks. Alongside that, Luigi should have a good aerial game where he can juggle his opponents and his throws can lead into them for combos.

Luigi's ending animation for the Super Jump Punch should be like it was in Melee. That or at least increase its air speed after when the move is finished. That landing animation and Luigi's slow air speed is just absolutely punishing for him to the point where even I don't like to use that move. It's one of Luigi's best finishers, why nerf it like this?

His Fireballs should move faster and have longer reach. I was thinking that he should have the Thunderhand from Superstar Saga where a weakly charged Thunderhand will result in an effect like Zero Suit Samus' Paralyzer and a fully charged one would be an electric version of his Fireball. But since the Fireball is back, hopefully it will be faster and have a longer reach.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Better traction, so he could punish and use shield grab without many problems...

Super Jump Punch shouldn't have the same ending lag which it has in Brawl...

His head doesn't get stuck in the wall if he hits it with a Green Missile sometimes...
But then he wouldn't be Luigi anymore.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
He needs to be able to take one step and then slide the rest of the way across the stage.

Better yet, no traction. Once you've decided on a direction for the match, you're never turning around again.

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone. I'm new to the smash boards. A small but great buff for him would be a little boost in both reach and air speed. considering he fairs well in the air and juggles like a mad man. Other things that could be buffed is he's fireballs. I like them the way they are with the straight path they go. But it would be easier to approach If they were a little faster and traveled more distance. His traction is a pain toReally hard to punish or sheald grab with him do to the blow pushing him so far. I really hope the increase it. And a better approach woold be nice too.

Last edited:

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
Luigi needs more traction so he doesn't go sliding half way across the stage when he blocks a strong attack.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think he could use some better movement speed and range. And improve that crappy fireball, improve it's firerate (heh) and range.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Poltergust should not be his grab. Tethers are not really good for grabs as they are slow, laggy, and are usually inferior. Now I have also seen to reduce his traction. Well, having no traction has been around since Lost Levels, but a good way to offset that flaw would be to increase his run speed. In many modern games with Weegee, he s denoted for having better jumping prowess and having higher speed, but inability to stop on time. He could function as a slower CF.
Now, his fireballs need to be turned into electroballs for 2 reasons: M&L Superstar Saga and Strikers Charged and to completely differentiate himself from his older brother.
Side b can auto grab ledges.
If you get clipped in the down b, you can still do down b to extend the recovery.
Up b needs to be STRONGER by having two sweetspots. One that is attached to most of his body that kills around 70% and the other that is attached in the current Brawl position that kills at 40-45%.
Maybe his usmash or bair could make use of Poltergust in some way...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
While it may be a bit broken, holding the grab button could initiate a Kirby-esque pull effect using the Poltergust, which causes Luigi to auto-grab them when they get close.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Basically what everyone else has said, I was going to say.
So yeah, here's to a top tier Luigi maybe (probably not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom