• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I play against G&W?

Krumpberry

Banned via Warnings
Playing against G&W is the bane of my existence. Whenever I play one, I get really salty because I'm bad and don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do against one. His moves last for ****ing YEARS and have low as **** IASA frames (looking at you dtilt). Anyways, what are some things I can do to make your day miserable? I play Sonic mostly, but dabble with Falcon and Fox

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
You are probably better off asking your character boards about how to play the matchup since most of the players here only know what's going on from the opposite direction.

But I would say that you should better familiarize yourself with G&W's hitboxes and endlag. It's important to realize that attacks lasting a long time is just as much of a curse as it is a blessing. You listed literally the fastest 3 characters in the game. Which means you should have no problem using good movement to completely avoid G&W's attacks and find openings.

One thing I find players inexperienced in the matchup do is repeatedly give up stage control and then try and squeeze in a punish during G&Ws endlag. It's certainly possible to do that, and I should be a part of your game, but there is a lot more potential for you if you just avoid the move and use G&W's attacking time to take back stage control. You may feel like you haven't done anything, but you've actually done a lot. Now you've forced the G&W into a position where he's got to get back in. His options are more limited. He'll probably end up either chasing you with an easy to predict attack, or he'll give up more space in an attempt to bring back some kind of neutral; space which you can use to your advantage.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
^^^^^This, and camp him, he has 0 Safe on shield attacks, except for perfectly Spaced and timed Jab>Dtilts or Bairs.

Top Bottom