• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you chain grab a Falco/Fox?

Tukitako

Smash Rookie
Or any fast faller in general, it seems easy but then I play good DI'ers. And when they DI they go pretty far, so I have to guess which direction they are going. I can't chain grab for more than 2 throws..

So umm yea help :(.:ohwell:

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Well, CG is lame. Do cargo u-throw to u-air to re-grab. It's like 93 times cooler than straight CG. After around 30-40% you can't re-grab at all, but you can just continue with the u-airs.

Tukitako

Smash Rookie
Well, CG is lame. Do cargo u-throw to u-air to re-grab. It's like 93 times cooler than straight CG. After around 30-40% you can't re-grab at all, but you can just continue with the u-airs.
Oh god I never thought of that, thanks!

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Chaingrabbing isn't lame.

TRUE!

Smash Cadet
new here so lemme get the notation....is it:

Z~f, U+A, U+A, regrab?

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
i dont understand thsi topic too well, since falco ISNT EVEN IN THE GAME!!!!!!

ok this is how you cg fox, or anyone for that matter.

mindgames the grab, then wait for them to wiggle out. once they do wiggle out, grab again. rinse and repeat until a good enoguh percent for a bthrow to kill them.

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
Dude, fox and falco are lame. CG the crap out of them if you can.

But really cargo to up air I think is a bit easier and racks up damage quicker.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Dude, fox and falco are lame. CG the crap out of them if you can.

But really cargo to up air I think is a bit easier and racks up damage quicker.
you cant throw upwards in smash......wtf game are you playing? AND HOW ARE YOU PLAYIGN WITH FALCO HES NOT IN THE GAME!!!!!

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
man, both ppl suck at edge guarding in that vid
I hate when people say this. Why is it when something happens it is always the person sucks, not that the other is good.

Maybe the person recovering is good at recovering. That makes more sense, especially because these are two of the better players in the world.

lolz @ Beast!!!11!!1

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded SSB from the Virtual Console and my Wii just for some fun. Anyway I used DK and you can only use one grab? Is this right that SSB only has one grab for DK? Or am I not doing something?

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
^ If you're a lame-o! :) CG is for people who are lame. Cool kids can u-air regrab immediately.
Ok, i just want everyone to have my opinion on the matter of CGing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I don't personally use it cuz of the fact that u throw to u air to regrab racks up damage faster. But i think that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The only people you can do it on anyways are fox, falco, and falcon. They are high tiers and have the advantage in the fight anyways. Chaingrabbing is a good way of sticking it to the high tiers. And people say that CGing is taking free damage off because they think that you can't win otherwise. What i have to say to that is that fox/falco/falcon are already adding free damage at the character select screen. They're already got the advantage over you before the match even starts, so i say Chaingrab to your hearts content. I wouldn't recommend CGing though just cuz the other way is more efficient and has less chances to make mistakes.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Ok, i just want everyone to have my opinion on the matter of CGing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I don't personally use it cuz of the fact that u throw to u air to regrab racks up damage faster. But i think that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The only people you can do it on anyways are fox, falco, and falcon. They are high tiers and have the advantage in the fight anyways. Chaingrabbing is a good way of sticking it to the high tiers. And people say that CGing is taking free damage off because they think that you can't win otherwise. What i have to say to that is that fox/falco/falcon are already adding free damage at the character select screen. They're already got the advantage over you before the match even starts, so i say Chaingrab to your hearts content. I wouldn't recommend CGing though just cuz the other way is more efficient and has less chances to make mistakes.
Do you guys jump before you do the U-throw to U-air. It makes regrabbing Fox/Falco easier since you can position yourself alot better. Agaisnt falcon though its not a good idea to do the jump.

peace out

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
^ QED.

Jeff's amazingly short and poorly written essay on why he hates CGing

I'm against CG simply because the high tiers do it so well to just about everyone, and they don't even have to. It's to the point that it is cheap and boring and lame.

Sheik can CG to like 70% on most characters, Marth can on floaties and FFers/heavies until he feels like tipping them with a f-smash, Falcon can a lot of characters at various damages, IC to the feel like stopping on every character and none of them take any skill at all.

They degrade the game to a point where skill becomes much less a factor in the outcome, and so does fun. Some are so cheap that you can't even DI out of them. That's my main problem. If it were about 50/50 or even 70/30 that you could DI out of the CG immediately I'd have no problem with it.

Combine that with my loathing of double standards and you get my stance on CG. I don't think it's right to say, "You can't CG... but my character can!"

I don't jump when I cargo because even if they smash DI I can keep hiting them with u-air, or I land a f-smash/giant punch without even moving. And it takes less tech skill, which I sadly lack. :(

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's right to say, "You can't CG... but my character can!"(
Wait a minute. I believe that Kirby's B-throw "chain-grab" is allowed because of three reasons...

A) It deals no damage
B) It takes cooperation of both the thrown and the thrower
C) It's hilarious

Aside from that one, the rest of chain-grabbing is just... lame. It's boring to watch, get hit with, or do. It's like, "Oh... here's another grab. Wow. Fun. There's another one. Huh. Is there anything on TV right now?"

AIDS

Smash Lord
you cant throw upwards in smash......wtf game are you playing? AND HOW ARE YOU PLAYIGN WITH FALCO HES NOT IN THE GAME!!!!!
pls tell me ur joking....this is super smash brothers melee not 64

and captain jack is sick he mains shiek #1 player in japan he is...but ken is still #1 anyway if u wanna see a combo video with andy, azen and captain jack check this out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVKdmXjWnKU good video

and here is 1 by the maxican ganon player 1233 with his DK also good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj2GH3J2x80

iankobe

Smash Lord
Uh... let's clearify something here...Chain grabbing/Chain throwing is NOT lame. And where in the world did you guys get that from? (for those who thinks its "lame") Maybe just because some of you can't use it right or how to counter it right, that doesn't mean CG, CT is "lame".

It's part of the game. And respect the move since its in the game.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
my god this is the funniest thing i've ever heard, i've never seen a noob so confused! LmFaO HANK THIS IS NOT SMASH 64! BUT THE 2ND GAME SMASH BROS MELEE FOR GAMECUBE NOT 64!!!and yes falco is indeed in this game, along with peach bowser zelda sheik ice climbers bowser mr game and watch pichu(pikachu also) dr. mario ganondorf young link marth roy and idk if i forgot anyone...but yeah...i think you are the one who needs to go talk to isai lol

Top Bottom