• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you get combos in training?

K-Pat

Smash Rookie
I don't get it :c And sorry if this has already been asked or something... Just close it if has. Wait, dont'! I still want to know how! It seems easy to do once I figure out how to do it... XD

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
You don't. Pick someone with a multijab and hit someone against a wall. That's the best you can do.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Falco and Kirby can get a 999 hit combo against a wall with their rapid jabs if you just want to complete the challenge board (for those two in particular, it's also the easiest way to do a 999 hit combo). Everyone else's rapid jabs eventually push the enemy out. If you want to get big combos with arbitrary characters, you need to create a custom stage that is basically a narrow tube (two walls of blocks with one block at the bottom, so when you are "inside" you have walls on both sides). Then, turn on the combo counter (so you can gauge your progress) and create a smart bomb. Throw it downward to detonate it, catching both you and your opponent in the blast. Quickly open the menu and make another one which should spawn inside the blast and go off, continuing the combo. You can just keep making them until you get a 999 hit combo, and since this method has nothing at all to do with the character performing it, you can use it to max out the combo meter for the whole cast.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
1. Set character's % to 999
2. Grab character.
3. Pummel
4. Repeat 3.
5. Repeat 4.
Finish whenever you're ready.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
wait r u talking about regular combos that show up after your done playing or are you talking about combos like ken combo and wombo combo cause combos like that don't exist in brawl

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
I think you have to use moves in...aw man, its that C word. i forgot it.

but yeah, you caaan use items, like the smart bomb, but i don't know.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Here's an easy way to get 999 combos:
1. Go against a wall with the CPU.
2. Put the items menu up and continuously press "Smart Bomb"
3. Within two minutes, you should get 999.

Captain L

Smash Champion
An alternative to the smart bomb thing is to go to corneria and repeatedly spawn/eat super spicy curry against the wall. Easiest against fatties like Bowser. I believe that I got 999 with that method, but I might be just remembering incorrectly. The smart bomb thing seems a lot easier anyways though. :)

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
i don't know what you mean
the 999 % combo or what???
falcos chain grab or ICs chaingrab

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
You can also use hacks 0.o
Roy moveset mod (amazing amirite), his dtilt combo's into fair, use phantomwings hitstun hack or just play Brawl+ (ewww),

edelqueen

Smash Rookie
Our course is designed to provide technicians with a practical understanding of fiber optic theory and fiber applications in (ISP)Local Area Network, Security and Closed Circuit TV systems and more in-depth Hands-On focus on a wider array of (OSP) Fiber Optic systems and components, installation, splicing, testing and maintenance techniques.
-------------
Self Certification Mortgage Lender
organic search engine marketing

highfive

Smash Lord
Our course is designed to provide technicians with a practical understanding of fiber optic theory and fiber applications in (ISP)Local Area Network, Security and Closed Circuit TV systems and more in-depth Hands-On focus on a wider array of (OSP) Fiber Optic systems and components, installation, splicing, testing and maintenance techniques.
-------------
Self Certification Mortgage Lender
organic search engine marketing
HD or GTFO.

Captain Falcon on Corneria

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Use Fox as your character and Bowser as your punching bag and go to the Corneria and back him up to the only wall in the stage and just start kicking.

Top Bottom