• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you guys break the I want to ****ing dair everything with low KB habit

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I have the dair/airwalk everthing with low KB habit pretty hard and even past 3 hours of friendlies I could not break out of it no matter hard I tried.

playing other characters did not help.

its bad because I know its working but like I know its not gonna work VS the good player who take advantage of it [fino did so to me, it was a great punishment by him but like I felt uuuugh when I got punished for a habit I knew I had].

Any tips for breaking this? :(

I feel this is a common luc response to most things, and like aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh its lame that I just default to it.

culexus・wau

I can't

its my main air interruption move being our fastest aerial at f4

its such a good move :(

I guess I can try but I feel thats just limiting my aerial counterpoke options.

culexus・wau

Knockback

things with low knockback:

jabs

the hits in multi hit moves before the last hit.

etc

Dnyce

Smash Master
Don't dair on people's shields... or at least against characters with good OoS options. It takes reaction on your part. I'm sure you're fine doing it in a lot of situations, but there's only two times I knew I could punish dair - with my uair or hope you hit my shield with it.

Habits are going to be hard to break if you play people who don't know how to punish them. However, the difference between a good player and a great player is knowing which of those certain bread'n'butter tactics work on your opponent and being able to abuse / stop like the flip of a switch.

I would suggest what LzR said and just don't dair for a bit, but I'll add that you shouldn't practice like that against people. When I want to break a habit, I'll go straight for the CPUs and then add certain conditions. Like, play a CPU and if you use dair you have to SD - this makes you more consciously aware of when you want to dair. Then bump up the challenge - go until you can play 10 consecutive matches without using dair. Then bump it up again - give yourself a 300% handicap and try to beat the CPU without using dair (SD if you do)... though this one is more my general practice against cpus, lol. But yeah, practice the absurd... any extra strain you can add to the game while practicing in the comfort of your home to try and match the feeling of competition. The more ridiculous you make your practice, the less likely your habits will come back to bite you under stress in tournament.

iRJi

Smash Champion
No, your main issue is that you go on Auto Pilot when you play. I believe we have talked about this before, once over aim, and once at Apex. If you work on your auto pilot issue, then you will stop dairing like that off of reaction.

culexus・wau

I think now though, a lot more too.

I guess I might go onto autopilot once I get hit though. makes sense.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
wiggle so you untumble and then FF grab

Aegis Effect

Smash Rookie
Personally, I'd suggest setting your beloved C-Stick to a B-Stick for a while. Talk about a wake-up call, the moment you go to D-Air you get a face full of grab. Or worse, it doesn't proc and you jump instead. If you use a button to D-Air, switch that button with the shield button. You'll either stop playing on auto-pilot or die trying.

culexus・wau

I dropped the habit thanks to fino.

I'm disappointed of AE though </3

B-stick is baaaaaaaaaaaad for luc sooooo bad.

I'd really take finos advice over changing controls tbh

Aegis Effect

Smash Rookie
Aww, don't be like that. It's not meant to be a permanent change. Just a quick fix to force a change of habit. I did it on my Lucario and I'm a much better player for it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just stop doing it, lol...I had this problem for quite a while. Just like rolling, you must teach yourself to stop or at least limit the amount you do. People will just keep punishing you until you learn to control yourself. Resist the urge to mash that cstick.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Flame's sister looks hot at 4 in the morning...

Me an rich were gunna take a note from Flame and go spam double team ;o

:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet
I actually have a "I wanna dspecial everything when in a combo" habit. I've had to take my randomness strategy as Sonic, and apply it to Lucario because of that. Lucario's meant for grace, after all.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
This is a very effective technique.

You can also get a apprentice to pretend to trip and fall on your opponent. :3

Now gtfo.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Don't dair on people's shields... or at least against characters with good OoS options. It takes reaction on your part. I'm sure you're fine doing it in a lot of situations, but there's only two times I knew I could punish dair - with my uair or hope you hit my shield with it.

Habits are going to be hard to break if you play people who don't know how to punish them. However, the difference between a good player and a great player is knowing which of those certain bread'n'butter tactics work on your opponent and being able to abuse / stop like the flip of a switch.

I would suggest what LzR said and just don't dair for a bit, but I'll add that you shouldn't practice like that against people. When I want to break a habit, I'll go straight for the CPUs and then add certain conditions. Like, play a CPU and if you use dair you have to SD - this makes you more consciously aware of when you want to dair. Then bump up the challenge - go until you can play 10 consecutive matches without using dair. Then bump it up again - give yourself a 300% handicap and try to beat the CPU without using dair (SD if you do)... though this one is more my general practice against cpus, lol. But yeah, practice the absurd... any extra strain you can add to the game while practicing in the comfort of your home to try and match the feeling of competition. The more ridiculous you make your practice, the less likely your habits will come back to bite you under stress in tournament.
*Takes notes down*

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
I use to have a problem approaching with dash attack, so what I did was every time I did it without wanting to, I let the other player charge a smash.

It didn't matter what match I was in. I broke it after a day or two.
It may be worth a shot.

I mean, its hard to just stop doing something. You have to condition it out

Top Bottom