• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you QD ->jump cancelled grab?

How do you jc grab out of QD?

• Up

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Y

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • X

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

lokemer

Smash Rookie
I've been using Y to do the jump cancel but is it better to do it with up on the stick? That way it would be easier to get shorter range grabs. I can't seem to do it with the stick though.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I just side b then slide my finger to y and press Z simultaneously. It's mindless to me now.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
I guess Dash->JC Grab is faster and more reliable for short range grabs, since Ike can't jump immediately out of QD. so i always end up doing the hit which is also triggered by Z because Ike fails to jump

Y-L

Smash Champion
I guess Dash->JC Grab is faster and more reliable for short range grabs, since Ike can't jump immediately out of QD. so i always end up doing the hit which is also triggered by Z because Ike fails to jump
If you feel the the range is too long do a pivot grab instead.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
okay, i know QD pivot grab looks very cool and i've got it down consistently but wouldn't a normal JC grab be more efficient?

Y-L

Smash Champion
okay, i know QD pivot grab looks very cool and i've got it down consistently but wouldn't a normal JC grab be more efficient?
Depends. It's kind of about memorizing distances but if you can pivot grab you probably should, it's harder to punish.

SoldierLuka

Smash Rookie
NNID
SoldierLuka
3DS FC
0791-2241-2779
Idk how much this will help but make sure you are short hopping. Whenever I am missing the grab i tell myself to "Short hop" and i end up getting it all the time

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
i don't think this makes a difference because the jumpsquat animation is the same and that is the frame window in which you have to press z.

Y-L

Smash Champion
It doesn't. You have however many frames to grab as there are jump squat frames regardless if you try to sh or fh. If you do QD attack you're pressing jump before you can act out of quickdraw. It could also be that you're pressing z before jump or you're not pressing jump at all. If you jump instead of grab then you're not pressing z soon enough.

metroid1117

Smash Master
For the record, Ike's jumpsquat animation is 5 frames long. In comparison, Fox/Sheik/Pikachu have 3-frame jumpsquats, Marth/Ness have 4-frame jumpsquats, and Falcon has a 5-frame jumpsquat.

Top Bottom