• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you unlock Wolf?

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
He's obviously the hardest to unlock (even harder than Sonic), but how is it done? Any theories (or confirmations)?

Shuma

Smash Hero
I think he's not hard, just the last newcomer you find. Of course, i could be wrong.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
No.

I have no idea how to unlock him, but if I'm not mistaken it is through Subspace Emissary and it takes place after 90% completion. IF I'm not mistaken.

He isn't the last character you unlock because it depends on what order you do things. I know Marth is unlocked in Classic Mode and I think you get Ness via vs. matches, so if you were to beat Subspace Emissary before even playing those you would unlock Wolf before those two. For example, that is.

I don't think he's hard to unlock, just takes longer than most. Kind of like Mewtwo in Melee.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Maybe it's one of those "alternate paths" in SSE? Like say, you use Fox to beat Shadow Diddy Kong instead of Falco or Diddy? Maybe you can unlock Wolf this way, that way you can unlock him before Sonic? Since Sonic seems to be unlocked RIGHT before the final boss battle...

Relhots

Smash Lord
Maybe it's one of those "alternate paths" in SSE? Like say, you use Fox to beat Shadow Diddy Kong instead of Falco or Diddy? Maybe you can unlock Wolf this way, that way you can unlock him before Sonic? Since Sonic seems to be unlocked RIGHT before the final boss battle...
Next time you are going to reveal something about SSE you should put it in spoilers...:) its ok but i really didn't want to get anything revealed...ill probably forget it...

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
I guess that's common courtesy, but honestly if you don't want anything spoiled... your best bet is to leave Smashboards for a month and a week.
Unlocking wolf just takes a certain method, thats all. Snake requires quite a few fights on shadow moses island. Mabey for Wolf you have to taunt 10 times on lylat cruise as fox before you hear "Can't let you do that ______."

WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Credit to MasaMuneCyrus for bringing this up on Gamefaqs...

A big thanks to JC152 for originally finding the info and posting it in another thread.

To unlock Wolf, go to the stage "iseki" (Ruins). If you can't read Japanese and don't know which stage that is, it's in the eastern mountainous area, and the level has a lot of moving platforms and fire shoots from traps on the ceiling floor very often.

Part-way through the level, you'll get to a flat platform that lowers you down a huge pit, and while being lowered down, there are large crystal spikes on the walls that will come out at you... On the way down, you'll see a door, which is likely the one most of us went in because it looks like you fall into a pit if you keep going down.
Nevertheless, skip that door, and stay on that platform until it disappears. At the bottom of the pit is another door. Go in that one, and there will be Wolf cutscene.

So that's why it took so long to unlock him. I'm not sure if this actually works or not.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
Credit to MasaMuneCyrus for bringing this up on Gamefaqs...

A big thanks to JC152 for originally finding the info and posting it in another thread.

To unlock Wolf, go to the stage "iseki" (Ruins). If you can't read Japanese and don't know which stage that is, it's in the eastern mountainous area, and the level has a lot of moving platforms and fire shoots from traps on the ceiling floor very often.

Part-way through the level, you'll get to a flat platform that lowers you down a huge pit, and while being lowered down, there are large crystal spikes on the walls that will come out at you... On the way down, you'll see a door, which is likely the one most of us went in because it looks like you fall into a pit if you keep going down.
Nevertheless, skip that door, and stay on that platform until it disappears. At the bottom of the pit is another door. Go in that one, and there will be Wolf cutscene.

So that's why it took so long to unlock him. I'm not sure if this actually works or not.
Just tried it. Worked as said. Thanks much!

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
sweet! i'll keep an eye out and unlock him as soon as possible when i get the game next week

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
i have a question. is that part of the game where you unlock him earlier on in subspace or towards the middle? the end? i wanna know how soon i can unlock him

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I think it is around the middle or so. You first have to unlock the mountainious area on the right side of the world map, which happens around when Metaknight and ICies team up, shortly after Olimar and CF. It shouldn't be too far into SSE.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I plan to unlock him march 9th-10th, so this is good stuff to know, thanks dudes (plays starwolf music)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
What I'm afraid of is that he won't actually play a role in SSE.

Now, please, don't spoil any plot for me, but I've seen my fair share of SSE videos... and I haven't seen anything from him but his short intro, which you access via secret passage. I'm very afraid him and Sonic will not have a part in SSE... very afraid.

Relhots

Smash Lord
What I'm afraid of is that he won't actually play a role in SSE.

Now, please, don't spoil any plot for me, but I've seen my fair share of SSE videos... and I haven't seen anything from him but his short intro, which you access via secret passage. I'm very afraid him and Sonic will not have a part in SSE... very afraid.
I'm hoping that he has a major role in SSE...i haven't seen anything yet though...and i don't want to know either...

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Someone has played as Wolf in SSE. Wolf may not be a big part in SSE, but at least he can be played as one of the heroes.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Who knows though. That's what I'm getting from people who have played the game, so yeah. XD

Still, would be interesting for him playing "hero".

Wrath`

Smash Master
dont worry he secretly backstab the good guys......................

Dman he should have been with ganon and bowser.

Top Bottom