• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How taunt thee?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Everyone has their own way of taunting when winning a match
and the screen freezes.

I use to Warlock Punch.
And, at best, time it so that Ganon's fist is shining as the screen freezes.
You know, the second before he release the WP.

How do you taunt?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wizkick towards the lower blastzone, preferably so I hit it during the slowdown. Usually can't make it in time.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
I usually use Dtaunt, just to go: "Hey look, I have a sword, but I was too cool to actually use it."

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
For general purposes, I don't think there's anything manlier than the Up Taunt. Ganondorf's evil laugh is second only to maybe Ted Dibiase's.

At the end of a match, I usually just Uair all over the place. Every once in a while I Warlock Punch for the fun of it.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I rip out their soul with my bare hands and show it to them

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Taunting with Ganon is more fun on wifi.

In a "serious" match however, my taunts come through the way I kill my opponent. Every kill is like a taunt in its own way. =)

Since usually being able to do anything with Ganon is basically disrespectful to your opponent. =P

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
If that's the case, then post what you do on Wifi.
Speaking of Wifi, ending a match with a WP should be more than enough to be a taunt, considering the purple smoke still emanates from the body of the deceased, poor soul.

Mr .Game & Watch

Smash Rookie
He's so slow, by the time he starts to attack, I've gone to change my batteries in my Wii Remote.

He's so slow, by the time I actually won the match (after changing my batteries) my opponents already in the hospital from shock. . . RECOVERING!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My, aren't we creative?

If that's the case, then post what you do on Wifi.
I dunno, it's something better explained from observing how I play. But a few things I believe I am consistent with is that I like using SideTaunt which says "You must re...DIE!!!" when I gimp someone or if they mess up recovery. Or if I sparta kick someone to death for that matter.

My Up-taunt says "I'm gay LOL!" And it's reserved for a bunch of things. Generally when I do something really stupid that works because I know my opponent will fall for it or because I happen to be really observant as to what works for punishing mistakes. It could be a variety of things. D-throw -> U-tilt (yes that has hit someone), D-throw -> reverse F-smash (actually did this to Inui in the Ganon ditto offline), Up-smash out of shield (want a way to land it? Try blocking Wolf's F-smash), spamming F-smash successfully and landing consecutive F-smashes, landing consecutive F-airs, techchase -> (usually retreat) D-air, killing with B-throw at 200%, repeatedly getting people to run into reverse D-smash, there's a lot of things that I find really fun to do against opponents who get frustrated against Ganon.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

You're letting people live to 200%? With Ganon? Are you sure you're on the right character board?

:ganondorf:
The point of killing people with B-throw is being as disrespectful to your opponent as possible. Ganon respects nobody. :laugh:

Top Bottom