• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to DACUS

Kid Arrow

Smash Rookie
I can do the gattling combo, but I don't know how to DACUS. Can someone tell me how? I would really appreciate it. I feel like DACUSing can be great for ending combos and for a surprise.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Something really ought to be done about all these DACUS threads. We need a big banner with an FAQ on it. Plus that guide Y-L linked to is wrong in many places.

Here's the FAQ:

• How DACUS?
    1) Run
    2) Press C-Stick to start a dash attack
    3) Press up and an "attack" button to cancel it into an Up Smash
  • How fast?
    Frame perfect.
  • Can I use Z?
    No. Frame perfect means Z doesn't work. The button has to be labeled "attack" on the custom control screen.
  • I use C-Right but he uses C-Down / vice versa. Is kay?
    Yes.
  • I set L/R to "attack" am I doing it right?
    Sure w/e. Just make it work (If you want to reach your index finger up and "claw" the A button that's w/e too).
  • It's hard.
    Then just don't do it. DACUS won't make you a smash god.
  • What about the grab one?
    You have to hit them with the dash attack first, then press Z (has to be early hit).
  • Isn't there some other thing that's like this, but different?
    Yes it's the same as the grab one. Hit them, then press up and A after the hit (has to be early hit).
  • What's a boost grab? What is a boost smash? What's a Gatling Combo? What's a DACG? What is [garbage]?
    The names all suck, and were made up by idiots. Boost grab is the graby one. Boost smash is a DACUS. Gatling Combo is the DACUS where you hit them first. DACG is the grab one again. Any thing else is probably also some terrible name for the exact same thing. Just pick one and stick with it, people will catch on.
  • Why is this stuff needlessly complicated?
    Because glitches

Last edited:

Kid Arrow

Smash Rookie
Thanks I knew how to dacus but I thought I was doing something wrong. Thanks to the thread Y-L posted I now know that I need to return the c stick to the neutral position

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Thanks I knew how to dacus but I thought I was doing something wrong. Thanks to the thread Y-L posted I now know that I need to return the c stick to the neutral position
No, that's completely wrong. That's why I said that thread is wrong. It's filled with misinformation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom