• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Punish Tether Recovery w/Wolf

#Drift108

Smash Rookie
So I've been playing a lot of Lucas' lately, and damn his tether is fast. I can punish samus's tether because it's longer and slower, I just ledge go of the edge and either b-air/d-air/shine. But with Lucas, I guess I cant react fast enough or its just hard, but I can only throw a shine in and hope that it hits. Any advice???

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
you can do a couple things:

one is to hold onto the edge to force him to ledge hop, where you can jump up with a fair, uair, blaster, or something else to punish him. maybe even a side b would work.

another thing you can do is drop down with bairs, dairs, or shines like you just said. you can do a mix of letting go > immediate bair, dair, shine etc. or let go, fall down a bit, then DJ and bair, dair, shine, etc. you might have to be bit more precise too get those punishes, and lucas can mix up pretty well with his up b recovery.

Top Bottom