• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would this change IC gameplay?

Smash Apprentice
Would it change gameplay much if you could switch control of climbers midgame? Or if the lead climber was KOd, the player could use the other rather than the 2nd climber suddenly disappearing?

Discuss.​

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow, that would be sweet. mostly what it'd do is ice climbers would be the same... except you would be surviving for a much longer time because you're still alive if one gets gimped. yayuhzzzz

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
No. Horrible idea. It would effectively DOUBLE the IC's lifespan. It would let you do impossible combos, allowing you to instantly control another character on the other side of the stage.

Broken beyond belief. It'll never happen.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
No. Horrible idea. It would effectively DOUBLE the IC's lifespan. It would let you do impossible combos, allowing you to instantly control another character on the other side of the stage.

Broken beyond belief. It'll never happen.
but it would be sweet, would it not?

show some love <3 (for nana)

KiddyDong

Smash Cadet
IC in melee were nearly broken with desynching, allowing you to play Nana even after Popo is KOed wouldnt just be broken, it would be shattered glass broken.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
IC in melee were nearly broken with desynching, allowing you to play Nana even after Popo is KOed wouldnt just be broken, it would be shattered glass broken.
They weren't even close to broken in Melee. Desynching is actually an inefficient and risky tactic on its own, and only feasable after grabs. The rest is all flashy.

Being able to play Nana after Popo died wouldn't change a thing, it'd just make them a lot harder to gimp, and therefore harder to kill. But honestly it wouldn't change where they'd stand as a character.

But that bit about being able to switch control... yeah, that is pretty nasty.

Shattered glass broken? Not quite.

I'm just looking forward to double spicy curry for my FIRE CLIMBERS :)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Even as a fellow Ice Climbers mainer... I wouldn't like that...

At MOST it should allow you to control Nana before she disappears. (Like say, deliver a smash attack at your opponent after Popo is koed, before Nana disappears, for a surprise attack. :) )

Another thing is... I hope they fix their UP+B move.. it was possibly one of the WORST recoveries in the game. (Considering its failing ratio). Been using these guys for a while, and I STILL don't know what it takes for their UP+B to work.

Being close is not alaways enough...

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Reminds me of the DK Country series. The "taking turns" idea is a great idea. Not really that broken. I guess it is. We just have to wait until the game is out!

prinnykurtis

Smash Rookie
In melee, if popo is falling off the stage , i just start jamming the c stick and and try to get a ko with nana. It really catches people off guard.
Being able to control both would be seriously broken. Extending the lifespan of the ics would be hugely unfair advantage.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Another thing is... I hope they fix their UP+B move.. it was possibly one of the WORST recoveries in the game.
LoL. I guess it's the worst b/c it goes higher than any other in the game, or something? Yeah, that makes sense. You have to make sure Nana isn't in the tumbling animation for it to work, if that's what you were referring to in the last part of your post. C'mon man, know what you're talking about before wasting our time...

Smasher89

Smash Lord
considering they can DI some attacks on like D64 to close 200% (which might be more in brawl) it would be kinda fun but broken, because like if nana is on stage and your opponent gets after popo who is recovering and KO him, it would switch to an imidiate edgeguard from Nana and possibly an edgehog/f/dsmash.
And ruining Nana mindgames (at least like half off them) would be kinda sad. (random smash after KO ftw XD)

Top Bottom