• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's my Ganondorf?

DraculaSb

Smash Cadet
Hey there fellow Ganon/Melee players! My name is Dracula and I picked up Ganon seriously 3 days ago. I started playing him a lot in Smash U first cause he is a lot of fun in that game. His tank like playstyle and Bizzarro Flame are what won me over to start playing him more. I also main C.Falcon so I'm familiar with Ganon's moveset, speed, etc. (In terms of Melee) Anyways, I wanted to know what you think of my Ganon so far. Watch this and the other Ganon video I have listed on my channel and reply back. Thanks!
Ganondorf - King of DEEEEESSSTRRRRRRRUUUCCCTTTIIO…: http://youtu.be/HLrPSURQ9Kw

Last edited:

Diabolical PIe

Smash Apprentice
I saw your post in the Melee discussion and was about to link you here. I'd advise against double-posting in the future; stick to the Ganon boards for Ganon-specific advice. I'm not a Ganon main, but my primary practice partner, Yort, is, so I have a decent amount of info on him.

As for advice, it's a little hard to give you in-depth tips since your opponent was just a punching bag. You let the Falcon onto the stage WAY too many times by just trying to go for a stomp or a goofy u-tilt. Reverse short hop u-airs at the ledge are AMAZING. They cover so much space and knock your opponent away at a devastating angle. Mixing those up with b-airs should be your primary edgeguard options. Ganon is a movement based character, and relies very much on wavelands and empty jumps to create openings for hits. I never saw you do either of these. Double jump fastfall waveland with Ganon is godlike, and probably your best movement choice on a stage without platforms like FD. As for more defensive movement options, it's a good idea to always be mixing shield-stops into wavedashes OOS into all of your movement, as it keeps you controlled and ready to defend whenever possible.

It's not much, but I hope it helps. Best of luck!

DraculaSb

Smash Cadet
Yeah I see where you're coming from. I actually learned how to do those reverse aerials but kept it fun with the goofy moves lol. I also am able to double jump waveland, etc. Also, to wavedash oos I'm guesing you have to wavedash while holding shield? Haven't really tried it yet but could figure it out. Thanks!

Diabolical PIe

Smash Apprentice
The easiest way to do it is to shield with R between bursts of movement, then immediately wavedash out using L for the wavedash motion (or vice-versia; just whichever feels more comfortable to you). You can wavedash out of shield instantly, so definitely focus on doing it as quickly as possible to maintain a strong defensive game without sacrificing mobility. Think of it like wavedashing out of shine, basically. This technique is essential to fighting any character with projectiles (as a Young Link main, you can trust me on this one).

Top Bottom