• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Am a Mario Main

TysontheTitan

Smash Rookie
Wondering how many other Mario mains are out there? My understanding is I am pretty rare, I have had friends tell me to switch to Dr Mario or Luigi as they are "better" but Im not sure I agree. I see pros & cons, end of day I prefer Marios more middle of the road balanced approach.

I am open to convincing but looking for some support from the "Mario is best" gang. What do ya say? Am I alone?

I should really learn another player but some reason I always end up going back to Mario.

Last edited:

up-throw_up-air

Smash Rookie
First of all, you are not a rare species. There are a lot of Mario mains. Actually, he's a common main in Ultimate. Mario is the best of the trio, and Dr. Mario is the worst. Doc is low tier, Mario is high/top tier, and there is debate on Luigi's tier placement.

TysontheTitan

Smash Rookie
So where the hell are you guys online then?
Also why no rematches?

Just saying my experience it that it is hard to find a good Mario looking for a real fight.

Glad to hear Im not crazy about Mario being better than Luigi & DRM

Last edited:

up-throw_up-air

Smash Rookie
Lot of Marios, but less great Marios. Which is an unfortunate thing, since good Marios can be fun to play against. As for why there are less Marios online? Idk, maybe the good Mario players simply prefer to not play online, or play in Arenas instead

TysontheTitan

Smash Rookie
Lot of Marios, but less great Marios. Which is an unfortunate thing, since good Marios can be fun to play against. As for why there are less Marios online? Idk, maybe the good Mario players simply prefer to not play online, or play in Arenas instead
Yeah I think you described what Im seeing. Im not finding enough GOOD mario players.

Well if any of you think im just bragging, let me know Id be happy to show you how it is done.

edit: Actually seems when you complain you get what you want. Just had a damn good 5 matches with Bdoggo01234 (online name dont know if he is on this forum), but if you see this GG.

Last edited:

up-throw_up-air

Smash Rookie
Good to hear that. As I said, I do enjoy playing good Marios, so I'll drop my fc in case you want to spar- 7643-3959-7772. I would like to note that I am not a Mario main, but simply a casual Mario pocket player.

Top Bottom