• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I beat (drunk) Armada in a set at GSATF #41 in SF and other tournament results

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
This thread is not to bash on Armada cause he's my hero for believing in Kirby. It's just a thread with links to videos and brackets to show results.

I recently placed 65th out of 316 entrants at I'm Not Yelling:
going all Kirby and even beating the #14 rank player Ky in NorCal. I also beat Dkuo who is an amazing Falco and Pikachu.

I also placed 9th out of 92 entrants at GSATF #41:
going all Kirby 2-0'ing Crimson Blur with easy 3 stocks, 2-0'ing drunk Armada's Pichu/Sheik, and a few other great wins.
http://showdowngg.challonge.com/SFGameNight41
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/32lyq8/get_smashed_at_the_foundry_41_ft_armada_leffen/

Here's a match vs MacD at GSATF #41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9VUgJCnp8

Nothing else was streamed :(

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Yes I was really sad that most of your stuff wasn't streamed. I was most hype for seeing you and PPU's Roy.
The commentary was an absolute trainwreck of awesomeness, heard Leffen and Co. talk about your double 3 stocks (plus Leffen talking good on Kirby and him and Hack using the character).

Good stuff man, you are coming up fast perhaps one day you can beat sober Armada's Peach and Fox.

Last edited:

kingPiano

Smash Ace
The commentators also mentioned your match vs MacD here

Yes but more interestingly Leffen, D1 and PPU were talking about Kirby at length on stream commentary right after C. Rabbit beat Blur. Leffen said some really awesome stuff about Kirby and was saying he's still underdeveloped and better than a majority of smashers think. Both him and Armada have formidable Kirby's, Leffen said he thinks he's the best Kirby in the world currently since he beat Hack in dittos.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Yes but more interestingly Leffen, D1 and PPU were talking about Kirby at length on stream commentary right after C. Rabbit beat Blur. Leffen said some really awesome stuff about Kirby and was saying he's still underdeveloped and better than a majority of smashers think. Both him and Armada have formidable Kirby's, Leffen said he think he's the best Kirby in the world currently since he beat Hack in dittos.
Link? :oo

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Link? :oo

I believe it was during a Bizarro Flame match, MacD had just left commentary to go get ready for a match. I don't know if it was even archived or uploaded to YT, but if it was look for matches with D1 PPU and Leffen commentating all three weren't together for too long. I remember PPU had just come back from some matches or something.

I had transcribed it for another thread I'll repost it all here:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some interesting stuff concerning Kirby from the latest Smash at the Foundry (still streaming now):
Just transcribing what I'm hearing D1, PPU, and Leffen commentating

Anything that in gray is partially my opinion mixed with D1's or Leffens, if it has [] around it that is solely my opinion. Everything else is paraphrased from what they were actually saying.

- C. Rabbit (Kirby main) just double 3 stocked Crimson Blur's Marth
Seems Crimsons Blur has a tough time against good Kirbys, was pretty huge when Mooninite beat him with Kirby. I've never personally seen a Marth convincingly beat a good Kirby, was talking with C. Rabbit earlier he figures it's a 40:60 MU. [I agree] Kirby's D-tilt destroys Marth Up-B recovery; that definitely helps, plus roll tilts. Leffen was saying Marth vs Kirby seems pretty even until the Marth stops trying SHFFL aerial approaches and figures out that Dtilts and grabs overpower Kirby's options.
- Leffen then started talking about Kirby and saying he thinks he has the best Kirby in the world currently since he beat Hack in Kirby dittos (Armada also has a Kirby as well since way back in the day didn't say if he dittoed Armada recently)
- Leffen was saying that he thinks Kirby is more viable than Zelda, Bowser and Pichu in high tier matchups. Has more of a chance to win a tournament.
- was discussing Kirby's jump, edge-guarding, and shield game being pretty awesome and defending his options in neutral (since PPU was talking about how limited he seems). Says he really thinks Kirby is still underdeveloped currently and can be frustrating to play against. Was talking about how Pichu is worse because of the very low weight but higher fall speed makes him easier to combo to death.

Sort of a stream of consciousness from the stream, but interesting and relevant

Also you all might have heard that PPU said he's going Roy at this Foundry (supposedly his secondary) on account of AmSa's tweet about Roy having untapped potential and viability. There's been speculation that AmSa will be using Roy following that tweet, but that could just be lost in translation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
I believe it was during a Bizarro Flame match, MacD had just left commentary to go get ready for a match. I don't know if it was even archived or uploaded to YT, but if it was look for matches with D1 PPU and Leffen commentating all three weren't together for too long. I remember PPU had just come back from some matches or something.

I had transcribed it for another thread I'll repost it all here:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some interesting stuff concerning Kirby from the latest Smash at the Foundry (still streaming now):
Just transcribing what I'm hearing D1, PPU, and Leffen commentating

Anything that in gray is partially my opinion mixed with D1's or Leffens, if it has [] around it that is solely my opinion. Everything else is paraphrased from what they were actually saying.

- C. Rabbit (Kirby main) just double 3 stocked Crimson Blur's Marth
Seems Crimsons Blur has a tough time against good Kirbys, was pretty huge when Mooninite beat him with Kirby. I've never personally seen a Marth convincingly beat a good Kirby, was talking with C. Rabbit earlier he figures it's a 40:60 MU. [I agree] Kirby's D-tilt destroys Marth Up-B recovery; that definitely helps, plus roll tilts. Leffen was saying Marth vs Kirby seems pretty even until the Marth stops trying SHFFL aerial approaches and figures out that Dtilts and grabs overpower Kirby's options.
- Leffen then started talking about Kirby and saying he thinks he has the best Kirby in the world currently since he beat Hack in Kirby dittos (Armada also has a Kirby as well since way back in the day didn't say if he dittoed Armada recently)
- Leffen was saying that he thinks Kirby is more viable than Zelda, Bowser and Pichu in high tier matchups. Has more of a chance to win a tournament.
- was discussing Kirby's jump, edge-guarding, and shield game being pretty awesome and defending his options in neutral (since PPU was talking about how limited he seems). Says he really thinks Kirby is still underdeveloped currently and can be frustrating to play against. Was talking about how Pichu is worse because of the very low weight but higher fall speed makes him easier to combo to death.

Sort of a stream of consciousness from the stream, but interesting and relevant

Also you all might have heard that PPU said he's going Roy at this Foundry (supposedly his secondary) on account of AmSa's tweet about Roy having untapped potential and viability. There's been speculation that AmSa will be using Roy following that tweet, but that could just be lost in translation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone please prove this for Kirby's sake, please!

Top Bottom