• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS I Find Playing Melee A Lot Has Changed How I Handle the 3DS gameplay

PhoenixLord05

Smash Rookie
I also tried to waveland onto a platform. I'm recently okay with the game however I'm finding that I'm having more success with Melee but I think it just has to do with the controller for GameCube being very different from the 3DS. I also find, besides me trying to pull off Melee tech in the 3DS version, my habits from Melee have be brought over like being very conservative with airdoging to the point where don't do it at all. I also find, mostly on Glory, that my hand movements aren't as fast but that has to do with how delicate the controls for 3DS are and the fact that my old one broke because of me trying the short hop aerials. I also find lag a lot in the 3DS version, mostly on For Glory though, that causes my input to come out a couple of seconds later and that's HUGE coming from Melee play to this. It also affects me really badly because either I get hit when I try an OOS option or try to space my recovery with an aerial. This is bad because I use a lot of floaty characters that have difficulty getting down. I'm going to get the Wii U version soon so i just want to know if this is normal because I'm a somewhat decent player with in person games but I've recently been performing worse after I started playing Melee and I want to know if there's something I can do to fix this.

Top Bottom