• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have several questions about 2 of Pit's Special Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
It would be great if someone who played the demo or watched all videos of Pit there are could answer them. I'm mainly concerned about the Wings of Icarus and the Palutena Arrows, Up B and B. Any help would be really appreciated.

1. Can you fire the Arrows while in the air?
2. If so, can you charge them while in the air?
3. If 1 is true, is it true autocancelling of projectiles has been removed? (á la SHB/SHL)

4. If you activate Up B on the ground, does it count as if you're airborn?
5. I've heard you can cancel Up B with attacks, is this true for all aerial attacks and at least Pit's Side B and B move?
6. If 4 and 5 are true, does the lag of the attacks that cancel Up B remain, or does it vanish?

So, I guess you know what I am getting at. If the answers to these questions would be positive, then I'm guessing you could abuse Up B to do low-lag aerial moves on the ground, and also fire lag-cancelled arrows much like a SHB. I have no idea how viable this theory is, it's just something I thought about when pondering about Pit. Basically, it would be kind of like a Float Cancel, but with Up B, so more like Flight Cancel ^^

So, can someone help me? As of now, most of this is guesswork and wishful thinking, it would be nice to have it confirmed or not :D

Greetz
Serpit

Magic

Smash Apprentice
It would be great if someone who played the demo or watched all videos of Pit there are could answer them. I'm mainly concerned about the Wings of Icarus and the Palutena Arrows, Up B and B. Any help would be really appreciated.

1. Can you fire the Arrows while in the air? Yes.

2. If so, can you charge them while in the air? Yep.

3. If 1 is true, is it true autocancelling of projectiles has been removed? (á la SHB/SHL) Sorry, didn't do much Short Hop arrowing. I do know that Diddy can't SH Popgun. Don't know about Fox.

4. If you activate Up B on the ground, does it count as if you're airborn? Yes. You don't walk with your wings up or anything, you're just flying, uh, low.

5. I've heard you can cancel Up B with attacks, is this true for all aerial attacks and at least Pit's Side B and B move? Yes. While flying, just hit your attack button of choice and it cancels it.

6. If 4 and 5 are true, does the lag of the attacks that cancel Up B remain, or does it vanish? As if you were flying very close to the ground and do an aerial? Well...that I don't know. It'd seem like a very nice tactic. So far, according to gimpy's thread, l-canceling works now by doing an aerial while fastfalling. There wouldn't be enough room to do that if you're just hovering above the ground. Also, Pit's Fair and Uair have pretty long animations, so you wouldn't be able to complete those either.

So, I guess you know what I am getting at. If the answers to these questions would be positive, then I'm guessing you could abuse Up B to do low-lag aerial moves on the ground, and also fire lag-cancelled arrows much like a SHB. I have no idea how viable this theory is, it's just something I thought about when pondering about Pit. Basically, it would be kind of like a Float Cancel, but with Up B, so more like Flight Cancel ^^

So, can someone help me? As of now, most of this is guesswork and wishful thinking, it would be nice to have it confirmed or not :D

Greetz
Serpit
Answers in bold. :)

komickid

Smash Apprentice
Yeah if all of those things were true then he would be totally awesome!!

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
@Magic: Thanks for the answers. It's looking really good so far. I didn't really mean that you should Up B, then do an aerial, than fastfall/lag cancel. I was curious if maybe doing an aerial or shooting an arrow while flying cancels the lag by itself, much like floatcancel. IF that'S true, you could perform grounded aerials with low lag.

The other question that needs to be resolved is if the time it takes to activate Up B and cancel it with an arrow is faster than just shooting it at the ground repeatedly. Even if it isn't, I figure it might still be useful because you could move forwards while shooting arrows around.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
I could have, but I didn't. Please don't be angry, but the point of the topic was mainly the idea of how his Up Special move could be used for faster arrows/aerials. I tried to gather information about if something like Flight Cancelling might exist. Sorry if I upset anyone.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Gimpy said in another thread that Pit's Up-B will play a huge part in playing Pit. You may be on to something with your flight-cancelled arrows/aerials. We just gotta wait until Gimpy finishes his character reviews before we get to see his thoughts on him. ;)

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I already posted this in the pit special moves thread no one answered anything.
Im glad he made this topic.

Does this mean that you can shoot his bow several times while his flight is active?
it wont cancil it?
can you preform his other special moves while in flight?

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
I already posted this in the pit special moves thread no one answered anything.
Im glad he made this topic.

Does this mean that you can shoot his bow several times while his flight is active?
it wont cancil it?
can you preform his other special moves while in flight?
From what I got, you can do all aerials or specials you want while flying, bit it cancels the flight. However, if you're high enough, you can fire an arrow that cancels the flight, but fire 1 or 2 more arrows while falling down.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
It'd be difficult to aim them while falling though, and you'd have to have hops left if you want to survive..

You could potentially, say, jump off the stage, Up-B and go high up, rain arrows, hop to the edge, drop off ledge, Up-B high up...and repeat. That'd be awesome if it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom