• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Made Some Color Palettes For Mewtwo In Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS (Updated with 3DS Colors)

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I really like the more overtly purple Mewtwo, especially because the faint blue hue to his skin reminds me of his Movie 1 interpretation.

Anyway, I found this:

Also, here's a list of Palettes I would most like to see:

1. Purple, the base Mewtwo
2. Blue, a possibly unintentional reference to the first Pokemon movie in which Mewtwo had a skin tone that was much bluer than other designs, and a hold-over from melee that is used for team battles
3. Green, a light shade of green that references Mewtwo's shiny palette in the Pokemon games, and a hold-over from Melee that is used for team battles
4. Red, used for team battles
5. Pink, Mewtwo is uniformly a light pink, with little difference between his skin and his tail, a reference to Mewtwo's adorable progenitor Mew
6. Dark Purple, an inverted palette in which Mewtwo's skin is a dark purple and his tail is light gray, a reference to the Shadow Pokemon found in Pokemon Colosseum and Shadow Lugia's color scheme in particular
7. Dark Red, a palette in which Mewtwo's chestplate is off-black, with the rest of his skin being dark gray and his tail being a dark red, serving as a reference to Zoroark's color scheme
8. Dark Blue, Mewtwo's skin is a deep blue and his tail is a hot pink, with a tan trim for his chestplate, fingers, secondary neck, and sides of his horns, serving as a none-too-subtle reference to the Greninja-Mewtwo confusion that happened in the split seconds before Graninja's official reveal
9. Orange, Mewtwo's skin is a safety orange with a blue tail, a reference to Deoxys
10. Yellow, Mewtwo's tail and chestplate are a chocolate brown with honeybee-yellow skin, a reference to the Abra evolutionary line
The first 8 seem like they would be legit.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
The first 8 seem like they would be legit.
It says the Deoxys one is "orange"...
but I would love to see a Deoxys alternate.
OR EVEN an Arceus alternate, green iris(for the purple in his eyes) and red for his pupil, probably got them mixed up, not really remembering it since its not important lol, but the tail color would be golden yellow with grey for the skin, then a dark gray on Mewtwo's vein thing in the back connecting from his head into his upper back.

Last edited:

Ndukauba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ndukauba
3DS FC
4656-8073-6666
Random Person: (Ndukauba, how could you leave out the 3DS color palettes for Mewtwo?!)

Say no more! I've got them right here! Enjoy! =)

(*Note: The color density between the 3DS version and the Wii U version is incomparable. The 3DS is unable to produce colors that the Wii U could, and so these colors, though they are the same as the Wii U version, is based off of the 3DS' possible color limitations.)

I will also update the main post with the 3DS color palettes.

Last edited:

Spirst

I find that the 3DS render of Mewtwo creates the look of him being a more menacing character whereas on the Wii U version, he seems more neutral. Naturally, I'd prefer the Wii U render due to the smoothness of the texture and superior lighting engine but in this instance, the 3DS render doesn't look bad at all either and the difference in feel between the two is interesting.

Last edited:

Ndukauba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ndukauba
3DS FC
4656-8073-6666
If you guys would like a 3DS version of classic Mewtwo, please let me know! =)

Spirst

Be my guest. I liked the Wii U one so the 3DS one would look nice too. I like that your color palettes are more akin to tints than radical color changes. For example, I really don't look the look of something like a red or black Mewtwo as it feels too artificial. The more subtle and light color variations are, in my opinion, much nicer to look at.

Ndukauba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ndukauba
3DS FC
4656-8073-6666
Here is classic Mewtwo 3DS version (I took the purple tint off of his main body and turned it white. I brightened his tail slightly to give him the classic look, but still retain a strong/intimidating presence.)

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I really dig the shiny (green) one, and the blue one. (shiny Mewtwo in Pokemon Stadium was blue if i remember correctly.)

...i'd probably always pick the original color though. : P

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
I just don't like it. Maybe I used the wrong words in my previous post.
I feel like it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't do it but then again.... they didnt make a shiny palette for Lucario or Charizard so anything goes really. They could do it and it could work but its really if they even want to do it.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I feel like it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't do it but then again.... they didnt make a shiny palette for Lucario or Charizard so anything goes really. They could do it and it could work but its really if they even want to do it.
I guess I can understand why they didn't include Charizard's shiny palette (although it angers me to no end) and it's because it's too similar to Mega Charizard X. Maybe they thought that if a new player used black Charizard and then used his Final Smash they would feel like they didn't do anything (or something nonsensical like that, you know Sakurai and his stupid decisions).

Now what I don't understand is why they got rid of Lucario's white palette. I don't even use Lucario but I always thought that palette was the coolest, and now it's gone. I wonder why.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
I guess I can understand why they didn't include Charizard's shiny palette (although it angers me to no end) and it's because it's too similar to Mega Charizard X. Maybe they thought that if a new player used black Charizard and then used his Final Smash they would feel like they didn't do anything (or something nonsensical like that, you know Sakurai and his stupid decisions).

Now what I don't understand is why they got rid of Lucario's white palette. I don't even use Lucario but I always thought that palette was the coolest, and now it's gone. I wonder why.
I loved the white lucario palette, I was disappointed they got rid of it and all of his alts are just different shades blue and green. Red barely looks red.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
So maining Rasta Mewtwo. He's my main mon, Mon!

Anyway, I hope we get the actual shiny palette this time, green eyes and all. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like they did with Charizard's palettes, with references to the old games; Red, Blue, Yellow(or Gold), Green, and Silver.

I know, but at least we got classic GSC shiny pimpzard. I loved the white Lucario too, but if you play the really light blue, it kinda looks white, if you squint. At least on 3DS version.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
They did include shining Charizard. The original, better version.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Still cant say for Lucario though, why have two palettes of green? One of those could have been the slot for shiny instead of another green.
True. I'm just tired of people not looking further back than RSE before claiming it for Charizard.

More on-topic, I'm in support of Armored Mewtwo alts. Probably the only ones I'd use besides "Shadow Mewtwo."

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We actually got Shadow Mewtwo.

Either the devs lurk here or it was planned and we got lucky.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
People say the teal color will replace the green one...
confirmed colors.
Normal
Teal
"shadow'
orange
normal blue (i think)
unconfirmed
green
red
I think green will come back beacause the only characters who do not have a grren color are Shulk and Pac-Man. red might also return because of it being in melee. Not many characters lose their previous colors...

C3CC

Smash Lord
People say the teal color will replace the green one...
confirmed colors.
Normal
Teal
"shadow'
orange
normal blue (i think)
unconfirmed
green
red
I think green will come back beacause the only characters who do not have a grren color are Shulk and Pac-Man. red might also return because of it being in melee. Not many characters lose their previous colors...
The red one from Melee (which is actually orange) has already been confirmed! It appears in the trailer when he uses Confusion against Roy.

Top Bottom