• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with Sheik

HexLunare

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone I am just new on this site.

So first off. I absolutely want to main Sheik because I love her playstyle despite she is very weak and easy to knock out.
On Offline it goes pretty fine I can do some combo's and I feel pretty fast when it comes to reaction time.

However, once I play Online everything goes down the drain. I feel much slower ( I use WiFi as connection and I know I should have a LAN cable but I can't have one at the moment. So I am trying to adapt). I do not know if there is a huge difference with input lag between lan and wifi so anyone can confirm that for me thank you.

I need some help with Sheik because I feel like every move I make makes me super vulnerable. every move I make is countered by another move ( Specially the new Hero character) Is there any Sheik pro or Online Sheik who has a lot of experience and have some advice for me to deal with heavy characters or just any character in general?

Thanks in advance.

#BuffSheik

GhostM

Phantom
It depends on your region and the other persons region. It will usually connect you with people in your area, but can sometimes match you with other players around the world. There is noticeable lag online, so if you’re a person who plays LAN most of the time, you’ll notice the delay pretty quickly. It would help if you did use a LAN adapter since it can help reduce lag, but there will always be a delay when playing online.

I myself am not a Sheik player, but I have used her to the point where I have some sort of grasp with the character. As far as tips with Sheik goes against heavies, I feel like spacing and using needles is a great way to pressure them, especially heavies like Ganondorf who lack a projectile. Sheik has less kill power, so you’ll be required to play tech heavy against everyone. Her nerfs from smash 4 make her a mid to low tier character, so keep that in mind. She’s more of a character who plays more technical, and once you rack up decent damage you should retreat and position yourself. Only attack or follow up if you know that you are safe, and spacing + neutral is very important.

Last edited:

HexLunare

Smash Rookie
Thank you for your reply, what do you mean with:
Sheik has less kill power, so you’ll be required to play tech heavy against everyone. Her nerfs from smash 4 make her a mid to low tier character, so keep that in mind. She’s more of a character who plays more technical, and once you rack up decent damage you should retreat and position yourself.
I should play super defensive and try to give them as much damage as I can without me getting hit? For me so far it seems like I can't ever true combo like down throw to forward air or neutral air. while I play against a lot of luigi's who can true combo me easily. So I tried to be more defensive nowadays and maybe see if I can bait out their attacks but even then it feels so underwhelming when I have to play "their" game. Like another example is a Hero who most of the time spammed back air so I had to move in and out and wait for him to finish his move to strike, sometimes he did it so quickly in a row it got me killed and I felt very disappointed about it.

GhostM

Phantom
Thank you for your reply, what do you mean with:
I should play super defensive and try to give them as much damage as I can without me getting hit? For me so far it seems like I can't ever true combo like down throw to forward air or neutral air. while I play against a lot of luigi's who can true combo me easily. So I tried to be more defensive nowadays and maybe see if I can bait out their attacks but even then it feels so underwhelming when I have to play "their" game. Like another example is a Hero who most of the time spammed back air so I had to move in and out and wait for him to finish his move to strike, sometimes he did it so quickly in a row it got me killed and I felt very disappointed about it.
What I meant by this is that you can no longer play Sheik as aggressively as you could in Smash 4 because of her nerfed KO power. This is why you’ll have to rely on reads to really get the KO. It’s like Brawl Falcon, where if you notice a chance that you can hit them, go for it as long as you know you are safe. Make the most out of it, but try not to go overboard since you’ll easily get punished. Once you rack up a good amount of %, retreat and position yourself as you normally would when keeping neutral. Sheik requires a lot of patience, and reads to really do well.

Top Bottom