• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need tips and tricks with Captain Falcon

Gusto

Smash Cadet
I am about to go to a Project M tournament, and I would like advice, combos, and just general tips and tricks with Captain Falcon.

Ritter7124

Smash Rookie
Ok

First thing first

SHFFL (short hop fast fall l cancel) if you know this you are almost set.

usually you shuffle nair so your toes will hit them so you can stay out of shield grab range.

or you could l cancel nair early to do a gentlemens combo (works pretty well to mix things up)

stomp ---> knee at like 60-80 (really depends on char)

dthrow---> knee (works really really well against floaties)

upthrow--->knee (I only use this against fast fallers such as fox/falco/falcon)

dthrow--->tech chase regrab (One of my favorites)

dthrow--->knee near ledge to do a drop zone knee (really good if you do the tech chase and can kill really early)

dtilt--->knee (very situational only against floaties around 60-80)

gentlemen--->knee (just really good against all characters)

generally don't get hit off you really need stage control and really need momentum or your going to get edge guarded really hard. in some cases if your in the corner of the map use jump-->falcon kick-->jump (it gives you your jump back) Uair can be really good but if your new to falcon don't really use it for combos because it can be fairly difficult. and careful about grabs grabs from falcon are one of the smallest in the game so beware of that. but hey good luck at your tourney hope you do well and I hope this got to you in time.

Top Bottom