• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I would prepare yourself for the worst, especially with Chrom...

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Welp, this thread has aged like fine cheese... left outside under the Sun for weeks.

Looking back, it just seems that the topic was conceived during an ego stroke disguised as a PSA. Like the intention to inform and warn people was there, but it was ultimately overshadowed by the arrogance of wanting to say to everyone "I told you so" without having much to base from.

I just wish some people would have waited for the actual game to come out so that they could gather more data to support their claims. A similar thing happened with the Ice Climbers. Its as if people unconsciously want for the worst to happen; but they rather be the one who called it rather than to be the one with an informed opinion.
There is no sense in making a topic to tell fans of a character that their character is going to suck without being fully armed with knowledge.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Welp, this thread has aged like fine cheese... left outside under the Sun for weeks.

Looking back, it just seems that the topic was conceived during an ego stroke disguised as a PSA. Like the intention to inform and warn people was there, but it was ultimately overshadowed by the arrogance of wanting to say to everyone "I told you so" without having much to base from.

I just wish some people would have waited for the actual game to come out so that they could gather more data to support their claims. A similar thing happened with the Ice Climbers. Its as if people unconsciously want for the worst to happen; but they rather be the one who called it rather than to be the one with an informed opinion.
There is no sense in making a topic to tell fans of a character that their character is going to suck without being fully armed with knowledge.
That can be applied to a lot of things my friend. People just want to see things they hate be worse off than the things they like.

(Like with Fire Emblem Warriors where almost everyone with the "they picked the worst choices and had the worst PR so no one's going to buy it" mentality had their hate parade crash and burn when it turned out that it was selling on par with Hyrule Warriors.)

Chrom is nice and I love using him occasionally because he's such a beast, and thank God that his recovery is so bad because he'd be a nightmare to face otherwise.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I'm still sticking to my guns that Martth Mercer here is going to really feel the effect of his bad recovery in the coming months. A common sentiment seems to be that people are too afraid to edgeguard right now, and if that's true then Chrom is not being exploited as he should be. It's a big part of why I'm reluctant to dedicate much time to playing him.

I would see a topic like this less of an "I told you so" attempt and more of a well-intentioned warning, albeit one armed with way too little information to be of any real substance aside from the recovery issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom