• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Blizzard move altered!

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already. If so, I do apologize. I didn't see anything. I'm sure someone's at least mentioned it before, probably. But yeah...

Anyway, I was looking at the pictures of the ICs on the Dojo. We still haven't gotten an update on the ICs moveset yet.

This picture shows them using their Blizzard attack. And yet Nana is facing in the same direction as Popo. Could the Bilzzard move have been altered so that they both use it in the same direction?
Now I rarely use it anyway because it's so weak at low damage, but maybe this could possibly strengthen the move a lot more. Thoughts? Do you think the ICs will have a modified moveset (if so, then God I hope they fix their dair).

Also, there was a thread regarding easier desynching based on this picture:

Could it be possible that this is actually a new move? While looking at the pictures, I also noticed them doing almost the same thing in THIS picture:

only this time it's opposite characters. Maybe a technique or something? Either that or desynching really IS that easy this time around.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
great find. I hadn't noticed the 2 pics of a similar de-synch. Great find <3

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
great find. I hadn't noticed the 2 pics of a similar de-synch. Great find <3
Thanks.

And yeah, I hope they get some better moves this time around. They had some strong smash attacks but otherwise, a lot of their moves were lackluster in the damage department (ice shot, blizzard, squall hammer)

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so Nana must of just attacked or something and was to late to synch with the Blizzard, it happens in Melee is well... Sakurai did say some like "Protect and be protected." He wouldn't leave you off guard with that catchprase.

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
If you look at the SSE movie last week at the Ice Climbers part you'll notice Popo does his forward air and he has a lot less lag time and he circles his entire body with the attack.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
seriously guys, did you even play ssbm?

dair chain grabs are one of the reasons many people use ice climbers. plus the fact that it is one of the ultimate spacing tools against floaties like jigglypuff and luigi. who cares about its poor damage and knockback and lag? i don't.

LURK MORE and PLAY MELEE.

i wasn't being sarcastic :)

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
okay okay okay goodness. I suppose it can have its uses but I just can't deal with the terrible damage and horrible lag after they land. I've never found any amazing uses for it (other than falling on someone who is too busy grabbing another player), even being an -avid- Ice Climbers user.. it's my least favorite dair in the game. That's just my own opinion. *shrug* :/

dudemanthing

Smash Cadet
You do know that you can make the Climbers both use Blizzard in the same direction by shorthopping first, right?

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
You do know that you can make the Climbers both use Blizzard in the same direction by shorthopping first, right?
Yeah, but still, I don't think that's what they were doing here. It's a possibility though.

Top Bottom