• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice climbers/ diddy peanut

Guel

Smash Journeyman
While recovering with ice climbers side-B i was hit by diddys peanut and it forced freefall. Happend to me twice in one match. Not sure if its 100% or not as I haven't had a chance to test it outside of a match.

Need details before i even try to go and reproduce this.

Read the sticky, update the OP and add more details.
When were you hit?
Were you Solo or partnered?
-Partnered
-below 40%( Nana was Bout the same)

Ice climbers New costume(Doubt that matters)

-stage dreamlanddreamland ( do not remember if tree was blowing)

-level wise was about even with the peanut when it made contact.

-distance wise diddy was about two rolls lengths away.

ice climbers were off the stage shortly higher than diddy who was standing on the stage when he shot it.(neither were near the ledge)

Was recovering with squall hammer tapping B.
First time was hit during startup
Second time was halfway through the move. Both times was partnered

Default 3.6 Beta build. No WiFi.

That's all I remember. Would try to replicate it myself however I've moved recently and my Wii is packed up. Was playing at a friends house. Hope that's enough sorry about that.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Need details before i even try to go and reproduce this.

Read the sticky, update the OP and add more details.
When were you hit?
Were you Solo or partnered?

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Well this continues to happen to me however recently just getting hit out of side-B (partnered) with anything while mashing B is forcing fastfall. Truly hope this gets fixed as its costing me stocks >_>

Narpas_sword

Cheers, able to reproduce now.
Confirmed

It looks like if one of the climbers gets hit, the OTHER one gets stuck in free fall.
This is ok if you get hit and partner goes into freefall, as you can user upB or side B to get partner moving again.

If partner takes the hit, you freefall and are unable to act.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Confirmed

It looks like if one of the climbers gets hit, the OTHER one gets stuck in free fall.
This is ok if you get hit and partner goes into freefall, as you can user upB or side B to get partner moving again.

This has been around as long as I can remember. One Ice Climber gets hit, the other goes into free fall. It actually kind of makes sense, IMO, since your momentum is ending. It happens with any move, I actually position Samus' upb to kill one climber coming up when they recover like this.

I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but I'm just confirming that it's been around.

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Confirmed

Yay <3

Top Bottom