• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Final Smash Thoughts

Zoap

Smash Master
So I posted this in the General Brawl Discussion and it got closed(amazing what they close and what they don't) so I'm going to post it here.

As I was looking at the Smash Dojo today I noticed something that I myself am starting to wonder. Ice climbers final smash as most of you know is the Giant Iceberg, which essentially appears to cover the stage in a slippery texture and is said to damage your opponents. Along with the slipperyness, the edges also get smaller. All of this great and I'm sure it will be a great final smash except for one thing. In order to do this final smash do you need Nana? The sites writer says "The duo does a high-five, and...", well what if your opponent has destroyed your Nana as it is common to do in SSBM. This poses alot of questions. So I pose them to you lets hear your opinions and/or any comments you feel necessary to fuel this discussion. And even better if you feel there is a question that can be asked alongside these question fire away.

1. Does Nana have to be alive to be able to perform Ice Climbers final smash?

2. If she does what kind of obstacles does this add to an already difficult single climber game?

3. If she is needed, and is already dead, does the final smash bring her back to life and give Ice Climbers a crazy advantage?

4. If you can do the final smash without her, is it any weaker or does it have the same effects?

And the final question that I think is very interesting

5. Are the Ice Climbers possibly eternally linked(no desynching, no killing nana, she does everything that you do) essentially Ice Climbers become one target with the inability to do any of the crazy things they can do in melee, but they retain their power through out the whole usage of the stock?

So post away Ill keep updating with good questions and or comments.

Top Bottom