• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers have a tether recovery now!

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this has been found before, but I looked around a little and saw nothing of it, and yes, this is different than the cool 'climbing up the rope' thing in the other thread, so, here we go.

I've been playing with some friends that are new to the games yesterday so I gave them an advantage of both 70% handicap and choosing my worst characters.
In one of the matches I've played as the Ice Climbers(Nana ****ing edgehogged me twice in that same match btw.....), and in one point I've been thrown off the right side of corneria, so I tried to UpB back to the stage, and for my surprise, instead of going up, Nana threw herself right at the edge of the ship!
I've told my friends to stop for a minute so I can experiment around and see what happened, and found out it wasn't a glitch or anything:

If you tilt the control stick in the direction of the edge between when you activated the UpB and when Nana starts jumping up, she'll instead throw herself for an auto sweetspot on the ledge and pull Popo right after her(Without edgehogging him, yay...).

I don't know how useful that'll be in a competetive level, but for now, it atleast stops me from edgehogging myself or having Nana die for not DIing back to the stage after the UpB....

Again, sorry if this has been found before, I didn't see any threads about it.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
It's been known for quite a while.

I personally love it, Not only can both Nana and Popo grab the ledge at the same time but belay auto sends them to the stage.

The amount of times I've lost Nana in melee due to vertical recovery will now be completely gone, I think it's one of there best improvements.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Okay didn't know it was found already, a great technique indeed.

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Nana can edgehog now though. Popo will/can grab the edge even if his sister(are they sister and brother!?) is holding it.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Opinion time:

They're really good friends, but they're not related. There only about 10/11 years old so they don't have romantic feelings for each other...yet.

Thats my opinion, just good friends who don't know anything about sex.

nitro_rev

Smash Cadet
how long can popo hold on to the teather recovery for, with link, it was about 5 secs. so how long does popo have until he automaticly lets go?

Top Bottom