• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers: New Advantage?

Llumys

Smash Champion
I've been thinking about this lately. What if you use your (ex: Link, Ike, Kirby) Final Smash on Nana? Will it be utterly useless? What if you use your Final Smash on Nana, but Popo just died? Will you keep slashing/cooking the air? Now, for example, you're the Ice Climbers. Link has just grabbed a Smash Ball. You run very quickly away from Link, so he hits Nana.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I never though about that, but it seems like is going to be that way...which is cool, I main the ICs :D
you need to be careful when using Link against IC then, you dont want to throw your FS away.

Also, bith Ike's and Kirby's FS hits more than one character.

j.rob

Smash Apprentice
LMFAO! you can just inagen it now. Your mate thinks he has you but you then turn so it hits nana lol.

This adv.tech(nana guard anyone?) and my spicy wobble will make the i.c's god tier.

NANA GUARD AND SPICY WOBBLE 4 TEH BRAWL!!:laugh:

rblair

Smash Cadet
hmm that could be an advantage for the ics, but it wouldnt work for all of the FSs. for instance itd be good vs link or ike or metaknight, but not as advantageous against say lucas' or samus' or marios final smash.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
It wouldn't be wasted. It's just basically giving you an IK on her rather than Popo. That's not wasted, just not as useful. Is it wasted when you do some combo on Nana or only hit her and it kills her? No. It's better than nothing, and it cuts them in 1/2, which is obviously a bad thing for them. Remember, all char's are invincible during their FS anyways. So he/she wouldn't be able to be hit out of it even if they happened to only catch Nana as opposed to both. Gosh ppl, think before you post...

That's just awesome. I can see link slashing away at nana while popo jumps behind him and fully charges up a smash attack behind him... So evil

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
It sounds like the ice climbers already have a few characters that they're set to counter. Shweet.

pezmaniac

Smash Rookie
I never even though about that, I could just see it happen, that nana gets caught in a FS while you run away with popo

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Yes, that would be the situation I think. But if you hit Nana and Popo doesn't die, it'd be the same situation as not hitting normal chars (DK, diddy, link etc.) at all.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't be wasted. It's just basically giving you an IK on her rather than Popo. That's not wasted, just not as useful. Is it wasted when you do some combo on Nana or only hit her and it kills her? No. It's better than nothing, and it cuts them in 1/2, which is obviously a bad thing for them. Remember, all char's are invincible during their FS anyways. So he/she wouldn't be able to be hit out of it even if they happened to only catch Nana as opposed to both. Gosh ppl, think before you post...
Even though it does half their attack power, their attack power is rather high and can mostly kill more then others.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I think the IC's will be more stuck on eachother, that they will be much harder to seperate, and that IF they get seperated, Nana will take the most quick path to Popo, but that's my guess...

iron blade

Smash Ace
i think the FS's will go right through nana as though she wasn't there and hit popo. take link's for example, he does his FS and you turn. i think he will go through nana and hit popo anyway.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
Advantage?
No way, Jose.
Nana will be dead!
Meaning YOU are doomed!

asdlfkj;as

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
why is everyone picking on nana? :'(

lol. j/k, shes made to be a meat-shield.

I also agree with Williampettysan, popo is still a good character by himself, he just lacks his Up-B when he's alone.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I know how to desynch them, but my Nana follows me everywhere... She even jumped off a edge to save me. :D

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
nana's a biatch
hahaha
but new advantage?
i think it looks like nana's more beside you all the time
instead of IN you like in melee

Noa.

Smash Master
That provides an advantage for IC, a good one. Some other fighting games have situations like this. It would just be a waste of a FS, unless you kill Nana, which would severly weaken Popo.

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
Eh I'm sure the team already solved this problem...why do you think that IC weren't playable at E for all OR jumpfesta?

True Fool

Smash Ace
I've always used Nana as a grab shield. One more little thing she can do to save me. Although I should say "he" and "Popo", I like those IC colors better.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
even if you only kill nana you still cripple the popo cuz now he has half the power and limits his methods of getting back on the level. but i wonder if popo can interupt the final smash while nana is getting hit

Top Bottom