• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climber's recovery buffs

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I've noticed two things in videos. I only have a youtube of one of these though.

1.) Both Ice Climbers can hold on to a ledge at once: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnihK4pqA-I

The point of the video is near the end, at about 2:10. Both Ice Climbers can now hold onto an edge at the same time, so no more having only one Climber saved.

2.) The cord from Belay acts as a tether recovery for the other Climber.

I only saw this in a vid on Niconico, but you may be able to find it on youtube if you search for SSE gameplay vids, and look for one featuring co-op. Basically, during the one and half seconds that the wire from Belay is on screen, if either climber grabs a ledge, they'll automatically whip the other climber to the ledge as well.

Other than that, I've noticed that their Side B helps them even more, there may be a way to keep pressing B and float up a little while using it, and the range you can activate it near Nana and have her still join you in the attack has increased.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
2.) The cord from Belay acts as a tether recovery for the other Climber.
Something told me that this would happen.

Just an outta the blue question though... Can popo act after doing dual Belay? I've noticed the trend of characters being able to act after Up-B. Just wanna know if Popo could.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Don't have the game, just watching a bunch of videos, but from what I've seen, both Popo and Nana go into flashing vulnerable mode, unable to do anything else but land. The same thing happens after their Side B as well.

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
I've got the game, and tested this. They both go into vulnerable mode after duel Belay and Side B in the air.

Top Bottom