• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers: Tricks and Techniques

jefcully

Smash Rookie
I have a problem with ice climbers as his strategies.but Im not sure people complained about how his recovery is rigged and I am the principal. But it is to say lucario? And the habit of using the lot even tho i love the 151 remains the best, it seems only fair. Toon Link so I really want to use. And as for Sonic I really do not care about him.

Joe_Cool

Smash Cadet
yeah pretty well :D I've only been to two main tournies. I got 9th against some top players in my state. Do you have your desynchs down? I just started learning them and it has improved my game dramatically.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
yeah pretty well :D I've only been to two main tournies. I got 9th against some top players in my state. Do you have your desynchs down? I just started learning them and it has improved my game dramatically.
this made me go "Ô_O" and "lol" at the same time.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
ok? that's kind of weird?
It's just that I think that you're overestimating yourself VERY much and that you don't really seem to know what you're talking about.

Placing "well" against "top players"? And in the same sentence you're writing that you just started to learn desynchs? lolwtf. I mean seriously. You must be kidding. Everyone here (or the most) has mastered his/her own set of desynchs. Getting those down consistently is a basic for playing Ice Climbers. And OMGWTF so much nonsense in that post. But hey. Just my opinion.

Joe_Cool

Smash Cadet
It's just that I think that you're overestimating yourself VERY much and that you don't really seem to know what you're talking about.

Placing "well" against "top players"? And in the same sentence you're writing that you just started to learn desynchs? lolwtf. I mean seriously. You must be kidding. Everyone here (or the most) has mastered his/her own set of desynchs. Getting those down consistently is a basic for playing Ice Climbers. And OMGWTF so much nonsense in that post. But hey. Just my opinion.
first of all...WOW... I have chain grabs down verrry well, that's how I play well with IC. I just started maining them and now am learning desynchs.

lol quit bagging on me

Sieguest

Smash Master
first of all...wow... I have chain grabs down verrry well, that's how i play well with ic. I just started maining them and now am learning desynchs.

^that's the equation for failure. You mah boi, are trolling! :088:

lol quit bagging on me

lol quit lying to us.
Tourney results or it didn't happen.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
doesn't matter if he is trolling or if he actually means it. being cocky works against you. you overestimate your own skills and wind up letting overconfidence get the better of you. then you wind up like cheese inui and become the butt of jokes for everyone in the community.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
doesn't matter if he is trolling or if he actually means it. being cocky works against you. you overestimate your own skills and wind up letting overconfidence get the better of you. then you wind up like cheese inui and become the butt of jokes for everyone in the community.
But Inui beat Swordgard, twice for that matter. Which will auto boost his ego by 1 million at least.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
My thread became a total off-topic conversation :D But a pretty amusing one so it's k.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283218
ok heres my results from a torney?
But how am I being cocky? all I asked smoom was if he had desynchs down....I told you I'm new maining IC, I have cgs down but not desynchs. what's everyone's problem? I wasn't being cocky lol!!!!

PS I know smoom from different sites so I was asking a friend a question...
Well, when you pose stupid questions, give already known information, and post with no meaning whatsoever in these boards, we of course have a problem with you...

Sieguest

Smash Master
Hmm. Aglow was at that tourney too. o.o Joe Cool got 9th out of 32 people. Aglow got 7th. x_x

However, the only player I recognize on the list past the IC players is Red Halberd. Who else are top players in the state?

10 Neverminds

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
There were some top players there, JC just didn't beat any of them XD

It's good when anyone can gain confidence early on, particularly from tourney experience. I found (and still find) that to be the most difficult part of competetive smash for me. I end up losing in my head before matches even start. I dropped like five grabs against Poletergust, knowing the grab, but being too ****ing terrified of him to execute (from him beating me hard in the past). Try not to crush souls too quickly on here guys XD

And yes, overconfidence is bad.

PS Gooo future!

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Well beat brood in pools, and Hylian saying he lost to future in tourney makes me think he is secretly the best Ice Climber in America.

I know what you mean Aglow, I think its just a mindgame to overcome. I had the same problem against Famous 2 weeks ago.

Joe_Cool

Smash Cadet
well I didn't mean to get people mad? and I don't know how I was being cocky either, sorry if I was. The thing is, I'm not great with IC yet and was just asking smoom for some advice. All I said was I place pretty well, I didn't say that I'm an amazing player and could beat everyone!! lol I'm not cocky or anything, I was just saying that I like playing IC. I think you guys are overreacting a little. :(

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
But what about all your +1 posts? "Yay for IC" "IC are cool/blahblahblah" etc.
That for one will not make you any friends. Neither will +1'ing from joecool33 or w.e. your lame alt account name is. Might as well be spamming to increase your post count.

Sieguest

Smash Master
The train that is l!nk's thread just got the rail switch pulled on it and it's now traveling on a totally different set of tracks. Heh.

Top Bottom