• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal Stages for the Koopa King

Which starter stage should be covered first?

• Smashville

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Battlefield/Miiverse

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Final Destination

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Hello Bowser players. I have noticed that there is no thread on Bowser's stage selection, so I have took it upon myself to make said thread.This thread is intended to inform Bowser players on what stages they should go to, as to avoid picking the wrong stage that could cost them the game. What are our ideal stages for Bowser? For reference, here is the usual stage selection for tournaments. I will add a general consensus for each stage as we go.

Color checklist:

Green- This is a stage that Bowser can depend on and will almost always be a good stage choice for optimal play.

Yellow- This is a stage that is neutral for Bowser but it can sometimes benefit him depending on the matchup.

White- This is a stage is absolutely neutral for Bowser. You are most likely banning this stage because it is your opponent's best stage. (Or, it is the filler color for stages not fully discussed yet.)

Orange- This stage is sometimes bad for Bowser but can be neutral depending on the matchup. You may want to ban these stages.

Red- This stage is bad for Bowser in most to all matchups, and it is reccomended that you ban these stages.

Stagelist:

Starter:
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination
Smashville

Starter or CounterPick (usually starter):
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

CounterPick:
Dreamland 64
Duck Hunt

CounterPick or Banned (usually banned):
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Seige

I have a poll created for which stage we will discuss first. The choices you have currently are Battlefield, Smashville, and Final Destination since they are practically guranteed to be starter stages. For the next week, feel free to talk about your opinion on any of the legal stages before we decide which starter stage we will discuss. Enjoy the discussion folks!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
As far as my experience goes with Bowser, I don't think there are any stage that enters the green category...

However, Castle Siege is a solid pick against projectile users because of the second phase's statues.

Last edited:

Cronoc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cronoc
As Bowser I am most interested in staying away from Final Destination and Town and City. Against projectile characters and speedsters FD is the slow death - running through projectile walls over and over and having to deal with hit and run tactics from the speedsters. Town and City mucks up Bowser's ability to recover with Bowser bomb, has a low ceiling which means Bowser will die to something stupid earlier than he should, and the platforms are at the perfect height to interrupt grounded Bowser bomb attempts too. In general the platforms are in sucky positions that Bowser doesn't get anything out of. Not to mention that the stage turns into FD when the platforms leave. When I'm allowed two bans, these are my two. When I'm allowed one, I have to decide which one I don't want to go to more, depending on the matchup.

I don't have anything against most other stages, I even like the jank of Delfino and the other moving stages. Too bad they are banned in my area, I feel the game loses real counterpicks with them gone. Well, Duck Hunt sucks, but pretty much everyone at tournaments agrees with that so it's not worth banning.

Top Bottom