• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if u cant shine cancel in brawl i mite just shoot my self..

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
true story...
it would be such a shame to have learnt to do all the fancy stuff (im actually a falco plaeyr) and have it not in brawl...
please discuss..

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
I believe there is a way, but it's more difficult. I think you continue to hold down so he keeps the shine out, then jump. If you want to shine-cancel normally, stick to Melee. Like Gimpy says, Brawl is not Melee 2.0.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
why?

that's such an dirty desesperation technique. If its removed, nothing is lost :ohwell:

fox has plethora of fun movements, why stick to one?

besides, samus super misiles are lame now, and is not big deal for any samus player :p

why?

that's such an dirty desesperation technique. If its removed, nothing is lost :ohwell:

fox has plethora of fun movements, why stick to one?

besides, samus super misiles are lame now, and is not big deal for any samus player :p
That's what you think.

Dirty Technique? It makes the best use of Fox's plethora of moves. Chaining an Aerial to a shine is an extremely flexible technique.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You can, it's just harder to do.

I've done it several times.
you can cancel the shine but it doesn't exaclty have any "fancy" applications
Well that's all good. This alone might just save Fox from the dreaded "low tier on down" positions. Hopefully...assuming it's useful. :)

How useful is it in Brawl, exactly=???

GOTM

Smash Champion
i think its weird how you can shine like so many times say when your falling down. i guess the lag from the shine is so much less in brawl, so maybe they nerfed everything but that, lol

True Fool

Smash Ace
...You could just stick to playing Melee you know. Then you'd get to be the best Melee player after everyone else is playing Brawl.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
You're saying you're going to kill yourself if Fox can't cancel his reflector? I have to say that's not the brightest thing I've ever heard. If Fox can't jump out of his shiny, then why not just take the challenge and learn how to play with him in a different way? Just like when Melee first came out, people had to adjust their playing styles to suit Fox's new lazer and figure out the FB attack (not to mention his weight decrease, attack weakening and hyperspeediness), everyone, including you, can easily learn to play the Brawl Fox just like you learned to play the Melee Fox and the SSBN64 Fox. Heck, you may even main a different character altogether. There's some pretty sweet new faces showwing up, you know. And I have to say, Sonic looks pretty l33t right now. Anyone used to Melee Fox's absurd speed might want to try him...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
TSMP is right, although I don't really thing the topic creator has or should own a gun =P

But it is cancellable, you just don't have many uses for it, although stalling is a powerful one, I'd imagine that a sonic + fox team could send fox out, have him shinestall for a while, and knocking characters into fox's Fair would kill them fast..

I think to far ahead, point is, this is not Fox 2, this is Phox. Sortof, hes not the same character.

Beet

Smash Cadet
I hate playing ppl who do nothing but Wave Dash and Shine.. Its really rediculous they take away the whole purpose of the game. It's suppose to be fun but they only do 2 moves.. Dash front and Bounce you off.. how good is that.. I find it pretty boring.. I stick to good old fashion combos and not depend my self on shining or wave dashing..
and Heh if you wana kill your self because you only know how to play with that move then you prove your self worthless In everyway of smash..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom