• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you lost all Lucas specific muscle memory, how would you re-learn most efficiently?

Bourg

Smash Rookie
I've just switched my main to Lucas from Captain Falcon and I'm overwhelmed by all of the new stuff. Falcon is just an exercise in fundamentals, which I have learned, but things like DJC, DACUS, magnet and PK Freeze tricks are overwhelming as somebody new to Lucas. I've put in a bit of time already and I have a pretty good DJC and slightly more than no consistency on my DACUS. I have a stupid amount of free time right now so, Lucas experts, how would you relearn everything?

Aceroth

Smash Rookie
Well I'm not a Lucas expert, but I'd say you learn that stuff the same way you learn any other tech skill in the game: just practice it. I'd learn the essentials first (e.g. you can get by without DACUS, but DJC PKFreeze is pretty essential). I'm not very good at this game yet, but after a few weeks of practice I've got a reasonably consistent DJC PKFreeze, good magnet pressure, and can DACUS consistently in training (but I get nervous and **** it up in a match).

Maybe you're asking about more advanced stuff, in which case I'd wait for the actual Lucas experts to show up, because I'm still learning all that stuff too.

Bourg

Smash Rookie
I was mostly referring to the order and importance. I'm an efficiency centered kind of guy. For example, it's obvious that you'd want to learn to DJC aerials before learning DJC PKFreeze because it builds on itself. I want to know what else is like that, and also if there are some things that are important at high level play but can be omitted while learning basics. As I said, I'm a Falcon main and there's really no Falcon specific tech. The most important things for Falcon are SHFFL, waveland, and dashdance mixups. There's really nothing that's Falcon's own tech.

Aceroth

Smash Rookie
Okay, well we're in approximately the same boat then. I can say that DACUS can be postponed because there are high level players (Pink Fresh in particular) who do extremely well without using it much at all.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
DJC and PK Freeze are Lucas' two biggest game-changers imo. DACUS has occasional clutch use, but is ultimately not THAT important in the grand scheme. PK Freeze gives you an entry point, and DJC extends combos. Lucas NEEDS both to survive.

Also, speaking of surviving, if you don't know how to properly recover as Lucas, that's incredibly important. It sounds simple, but lots of people ignore the fact that he can quickly change direction mid-air with Magnet > air-dodge > tether. You can bait people's edge-guard with this/mix up your approaches to keep yourself safe during your return trip.

Top Bottom