• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ILL Vs. Bootle - The $1.50 Dream Match

EazyP

Smash Ace
A few months ago I took an amazing task upon myself. One that was far from my reach, but would teach me the meaning of life and prove that I was meant to do something important with my existence, as many people said I couldn’t do anything useful ever with myself, a complete failure would be a kind way to put it. I would have to be the best NorCal Bowser

I had my first test today. I went to a tournament, kind of scrubby, and I went up against a man named Darrel with a great Samus. A TLA member I’ve known for sheer word of his efforts and competitive skills. He didn’t take the Bowser seriously at first, choosing Captain Falcon against him, while the wheels of life chose Dream Land 64 for the stage

I was losing, hard, down by two stocks. I could barely handle the knee walls coming at me. The quickness of a racoon with the body of a grizzly. I had to punish his approach or I‘d never win. Sheildgrabs, tech chases, when I came back with a classic edgegaurd gimpy fish combo, winning the match. He told me that I talked like Gimpyfish, and I was flattered, for the first time by another member of my gender, and I knew while strange, I liked it

Then I realized that I had to ask a question. The words wanted to be let out, but as if fearful of an unknown predator they couldn’t. I finally let out, “I..I….I…Is Bootle here?” He gave me an answer I never expected

“Yes.”

My heart fluttered. It was time to prove I could hold my own with Bowser, playing against a well known Bowser Pro who had lost his faith and put it in the hands of Marth like so many others. I could show him how to love, put him back on track, and most importantly reach my almost unobtainable goal and prove to myself that I was meant to live for a reason ****it

He nodded over to where he was. Bootle was beasting everyone there. I noticed that it was a team match, but he was his own one man team, nay, ARMY. No men, even when their efforts where put together could possibly rival his skill. He won the match with 13 stocks, easy. His confidence and pure superiority shocked his opponents. One left crying. It wasn’t a game anymore, it was all too real

In the deepest, most beautiful man voice I’ve ever heard he let out a, “Who’s next?” I walked up to him and he was unimpressed. I barely let out the words, I can’t even remember them, I was close to passing out at his sheer machoness, but I requested that we would duel our Bowsers as gentlemen. His eyes met mine, with a face like a mix of Arnold Schwarzenegger when someone told him that they kidnapped his daughter mixed with Rambo when he’s murdering an entire town of Vietnamese people. He spat at me, “Not worth my time.” I told him that I defeated Darrel and he sent me over. They nodded at each other and he said the two words that not only let me know it was on . . .

“Got money?”

Ready for the greatest duel of my life yet I reached into my pockets. I pulled out a measly $0.75, and he laughed and matched it instantly. He pulled it out of his wheel barrel of cash that his slaves who put their life’s on the line against him in money matches and obviously lost pulled, it took three men to move it

It was going down, a crowd drew around. Everyone around was nearly laughing, knowing the outcome, teasing me, calling me ******** for even trying this. I held my tears in, it was time to ban stages. Bootle didn’t even ****ing care at all. Like, you know when you try to tell a hyphy rap kid at your school about how much you love Bleach? That’s how much he cared. Not one god **** bit. I’ve never seen a person care less in their entire life. I had to do something risky that would pay off. I had to ban Yoshi’s Island. Gasps came out of peoples mouths, one person behind me fainted. I obviously knew he had way too many skills and would wreck me on the best Bowser level, I had to take him on something that wouldn’t attribute to his already nearly flawless skills. It was a risk I had to take, and now it began on the same note the day began, Dream Land 64

It began as I thought it would, a cakewalk for Bootle. He wasn’t taking me seriously, spacing and beating out all of my plans. I had to reach down. Deep down. Deeper than ever reached before. I grabbed him, down throw, tech chase, grab, up throw, fair. When he was recovering, I edge hogged with a dash to the edge and fortress hog. The battle had really begun. We traded attacks, grabs throw, shielded hits to up b’s. It was brutal, even going as far as to have Bootle Gimpyfish combo edgegaurd me, have myself make it back and Gimpyfish combo edgegaurd him. Breaths where held and couldn’t escape, I went deaf and could only hear my heartbeat and the adrenaline give me power to do without thinking, something was pushing me to do more than I’ve ever done before, a really fishy feeling

I had him on the ropes of life. It was the most joyous feeling of my life. He was in the air, he couldn’t go anywhere, I jumped, everything played out in slow motion

Our bowsers met eyes

He started to nair

I knew it was coming

Fair

And what beheld me made my heart cease to function . . .

Phantom hit

He knocked me back

Ftilt

Edgehog

Game

Bootle took the money and went outside. Everyone told me I did good, real good, but I couldn’t believe them. I couldn’t hear them. I refused to hear them. I lost, plain and simple when everything was going for me. I questioned why, why the phantom? Did God hate me? Was everything everyone said true. Depression made me sink like a stone. The room was full of people, but I was alone.

I walked out to my friends car. I saw Bootle on the way, I couldn’t show him my face. He stopped me and said, “You did good kid, real good, if it wasn’t for that, you would have had me. You got guts. I want you to have something.” He threw one of my quarters back at me. I caught it and stared at it while I heard him say, “Stay gold ponyboy…stay gold,” and he disappeared into the night.

There was victory in defeat. My world was turned upside down and it was obvious what needed to be done. Knowing that I am on the trail of greatness, I will push on, no matter what obstacles face me. I must continue to add to my tale, practicing my skills and teach my ways. After that I looked at the moon, and I knew that Gimpyfish was looking at the same moon with me, and the same time. I heard in my head the following words

“You will be. . .

The cats claw . . .

Of the west . . .

One day”

I knew what I had to do. I had to stay gold. Stay gold.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
Haha, well, you did own Darrell's Capt. , witch is better than mine, so I guess so. Lol that was funny. but your bowser does have mad skills. haha

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
*jaw falls off and eyes explode*
Thats some story, Wish I could have been there.

And too bad for that Phantom hit, that was the only thing that stopped you from victory :(

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Best Norcal Bowser? There are others looking for that spot!

Yeah I played Darrel and his Falcon. I was winning by two stock but then BTZO came over and stopped the match, that *****.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
To be a Bowser fan, you gotta be patinet...

*Walks over to NOA headquarters banging on the doors*

WHERE'S BOWSER'S GAME!? ARE YOU WORKING ON IT RIGHT NOW!??

EazyP

Smash Ace
This story had me laughing, crying, and hungry for more. Brilliantly written, A+, and...

more please!
The only way there could possibly be more is...

ILL Vs. KingJiggyWiggy - The King of Bowsers: Millenium $2.50 Bout

Hopefully that'll happen one day

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
EazyP would probably win. I don't play that much and I don't really believe in Bowser dittos.

How long have you been playing? I've been playing for 1.5 years, didn't get into the competitive smash scene until april 2007. My first tourney was in Orlando FL where I first saw players like Linguini and DaShizWiz.

EazyP

Smash Ace
EazyP would probably win. I don't play that much and I don't really believe in Bowser dittos.

How long have you been playing? I've been playing for 1.5 years, didn't get into the competitive smash scene until april 2007. My first tourney was in Orlando FL where I first saw players like Linguini and DaShizWiz.
I started playing since it was the only fighter my friend would play and started heading to local tournaments and stuff maybe at the start of summer?

Don't worry we'll do it one day for fun

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
I started playing since it was the only fighter my friend would play and started heading to local tournaments and stuff maybe at the start of summer?

Don't worry we'll do it one day for fun
you too?! I hate that...this is the only fighter my friends will play...friccin losers. but thet are still my buddies.:p

St. Viers

Smash Champion
really awesome story. I dislike some of the overdoing it, but I realize it was intentional. mad props

@legendofme--there are other fighting games? this is the only one I can play.

MechaBoozer20XX

Smash Journeyman
AW hells naw! Just cause I never travel and have been to like three tourmeys doesnt mean I'm out for best Nor Cal Bowser. I'll MM you ILL. Bootle beat my bowser at my first tourney. But then I came back and won like 3 matches in a row. About the only thing I could do better was my use of the Klaw. Then he ***** me with Marth and M2 so...

Someday I'll be at an NCB someday... like the 15th of december.
Is it a problem when I worry more about being here for the NCB then passing finals?

EazyP

Smash Ace
WE WILL HAVE TO BOWSAR PRACTICE AND MM FOR SERIOUS

I say we enter doubles if it happens, team Bowser + Bowser

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
I think If yous(EazyP), me and KingJiggyWiggy all go to the Dec. 15 NCB and Gimpy gos. **** its a Bowser Fiesta!

Oops wrong profile , switchin' back to 20XX.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
If this was a book, I'd buy it
Or steal it from a child

Which ever one's cheaper

Top Bottom