• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm assuming you heard the news...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't, look at my postbit. That red text over my name means I'm officially the Moderator of the Toon Link Brawl boards.

[collapse="This can only mean one thing"]
[/collapse]

I keed, I keed!

Anyways, now that I'm a mod, things will run a bit differently from the way things have been running without a mod. That means no more spamming, no more de-railing of threads, and no more breaking the rules.

Since I'm only here to help, I'll link you to something that you should revisit: The Global Rules

I'm going to be enforcing ALL of the rules listed in that link, so I'm encouraging you to reread them and understand that from this point on, you won't be breaking any of those rules in these boards again. Also, everyone is at equal risk of getting infracted. If user "spamdude123" decides to censor dodge, I will be infracting him for it. Likewise, if user "Twinkie's IRL Mother" decides to censor dodge, you bet I'm gonna infract her. If you feel that I have infracted you unjustly, feel absolutely free to PM me about it, or take it to the Forum Support thread. I won't discuss disputes over any other form of communication other than those two.

A couple of other things I want to go over:

1. If there's a thread that you know is going to get closed, don't bother posting in it. I'm telling you as of right now, just let me handle it.

2. If you make a post that really doesn't need to be there (for example, someone makes a joke, and you reply with a simple LOL), don't post it. Especially outside of the TLGD. In fact, you shouldn't be telling jokes in any other thread other than the GD. Make your posts relevent to the topic.

Now that all of the official babysitting stuff is out of the way, we can talk about making the TL boards a much better place. Being a moderator grants me the power to edit posts, move posts, sticky/unsticky and change ownership of posts. If you have ANY suggestions for how I can make this better, feel free to suggest by posting something in this thread.

For example, I was thinking of removing some stickies. You tell me forum, which stickies should I get rid of? Are there any threads that you want to take over or give up? This is the thread to discuss that.

That's all I have for now guys. I'll keep this stickied for a week or so. I'm still getting used to all the moderator stuff, so until then, have a good day.

Edit: I feel like typing in pale green font from now on. Get at me.

:toonlink::toonlink::toonlink::toonlink::toonlink:

The first thing I did besides sticky this thread was close this thread, which I asked to be closed like 3 weeks ago but it didn't.

Sorry DTL, and thanks Bionic! Haha. Don't worry though DTL, when I infract you, it'll be from the heart. *gets teary-eyed*

Now about them stickies....

Hyro

Smash Lord
**** you mother****ing ****.

BAHAHA noobs, first infraction warning right here.

now that that's out of the way (too easy), you should get rid offff

the dumb networking thread
the useless inquiry thread
and the dead community guide thread since it don't needa be stickied newayz

I agree with the networking thread, but the Inquiry Thread must stay up. It's the "Ask dumb questions here instead of making me close a thread" thread.

Guides should be stickied IMO.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Nice white text noob.

Hey if you let me get away with something bad I'll teach you a super secret new advanced legendary zzz technique that I haven't showed anyone yet and I'll give you free sneak peeks to my upcoming combo video with backstage passes to some exclusive merchandise such as original replays used in the making of and controller residue in a sealed plastic bagee.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Nice white text noob.

Hey if you let me get away with something bad I'll teach you a super secret new advanced legendary zzz technique that I haven't showed anyone yet and I'll give you free sneak peeks to my upcoming combo video with backstage passes to some exclusive merchandise such as original replays used in the making of and control residue in a sealed plastic bagee.
Do not believe this man. He has not mastered the ways of Zzz, and any technique by such name taught to you would be of falsehood.

But yeah, unsticky the network thing

FIRST INFRACTION YESSSS.

FFf nvm he already infracted someone else, too fast.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I'm the real sage.

Copy and paste the useful links into the first post of the Inquiry thread to save space.

haha infracted for no reason cuz you weren't the first!!!

DESAGED

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Oh, there was a reason behind it, even if I wasn't the first. The Sage always has several reasons behind everything he does.

And the community guide thing should be unstickied if its not gonna be finished or w/e

(or is it already finished? too lazy to look.)

The guide is the only decent guide we have. Instead of unstickying it because it's inactive, how about we make it active again?

NearZzz

Smash Lord
But that sounds like it requires effort D:

/troll

Yeah I guess the newer TLs need something of a guide.

I was thinking of removing the stickies for the Tournament Results thread and Fox's AT list.

What do you guys think? Do you agree?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
imo add the at list to the guide

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
FIODs AT list is so beautiful though.
Maybe something along the lines of shoving a few of the stickied threads into a single thread, sort of like the useful links but not really.

Personally I don't think anything needs to get unstickied.

The AT list is in the Useful Links thread. Although the sheer amazingness of the thread is too much to get unstickied, I feel that we have a whole lot of stickies up there, and we should cut down on some, or at least merge something. Then again, it's not my decision.

Keep discussing guys.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
We could unsticky this thread for a start ;)

Merge a few together,
Inquiry+FIODs ?
As Sauce suggested Guide+FIODs
Vid critique+Inquiry
BAH??

I'm all for merging the guide with FIOD's list.

I'll just wait on Fox's word to see if he agrees, and if he wants it merged up in a certain way.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I was thinking of removing the stickies for the Tournament Results thread and Fox's AT list.

What do you guys think? Do you agree?
I actually think fox's thread was good, I is very complete, containing stuff I had never heard of.

Anyways, there goes the excuse of "there are no mods around here"

Wow this place is keeping you busy.

RATED

Smash Lord
congrats Twink, I ****ing hate mother... just kidding first kewk is a mod and now you? wth I am going to stop lurking or laughing at **** in the pool room and start posting things to have a cool red name. also now that you are a mod you should use the money "you used" to have a premium... to buy a premium to me.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
congrats Twink, I ****ing hate mother... just kidding first kewk is a mod and now you? wth I am going to stop lurking or laughing at **** in the pool room and start posting things to have a cool red name. also now that you are a mod you should use the money "you used" to have a premium... to buy a premium to me.
Want premium?

Guys, I unstickied the Networking Thread, and later tonight, I'm going to unsticky the Tournament Results thread. Both of those threads are currently in the Useful Links sticky, so go there if you want to visit them.\

Also, later tonight, I'm giving MaskedAvenger the Matchup Thread.
Cheers.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Sorry I'm late guys. You may have noticed I haven't been around. I couldn't stand all the pointless spamming. It hurt my brain.

About the guide, it hasn't had any decent input in who knows how long. I probably need some help testing all the combo stuff. I thought I could do it on my own, but apparently I've found my limit.
The guide as it is, unfinished, is the most complete guide we've ever had. There is no reason to get rid of it, it just needs some useful input. People are lazy. I get that.
If you want to merge the AT list with the guide, all I'd need you to do is go to the guide, add two new reserved posts down the bottom of the guide, then in my own time, I'll get everything over there in the one thread. Personally, I don't see the point, but if you are that determined to save space, then why not?

Also, we need the inquiry thread. It would be stupid to suggest the removal of it.

I'd just like to say though, why do we sticky threads? Think about it. The reason why we sticky threads is because we deem them important enough to not get lost. We want them to stay up the top somewhere. It's not because they have to be active. If anything, if it's a really useful thread that is inactive, that should be all the more reason to keep it stickied otherwise it most certainly would get lost. So don't try to say, we should unsticky it because it's inactive. That's a fail argument.
Another reason why we keep stickies is because they stop new and pointless threads/posts being made then deleted. So when you're deciding which stickies to keep and which ones to get rid of, try to keep these things in mind.
That's all.

Great point, Fox.

Do you guys think the tournament thread deserves to be stickied? Although it's important, I don't think it's important enough to be a sticky. Newcomers don't need to know our Tournament Results as urgently as lets say, a guide. I understand stickying a guide, but the only people that should be visiting the Tournament Results thread are the TL mains, and we all already know where we can find it (Useful Links).

That's just my two cents though. I think we can all agree though that the Networking Thread shouldn't be stickied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom