• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important discovery involving Wolf's Dtilt

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
After watching Gimr's video on edge slip mechanics I saw Luigi's Ftilt tilted downward force get ups and Fox's Ftilt I've seen do it by Zeton vs K Prime. I thought...Can Wolf force get up with Dtilt if these ******** weak hit moves work? Yes, he can =).

I'm not amazing at timing though so I screw up timing the force hit sometimes in the vid. This works on every character without fail/escape from Gimr's video :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD7EfzbW6t8

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I found that funny too JJ, but Gimr's video was put out today, which provoked my testing.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wouldn't Wolf's Fair,Ftilt,Dsmash,Bair, etc. create the same effect?

Also this made me wonder, what could the benefits could this have if you were to push them off the stage's edge if they are left in an uncontrollable fall as stated in the video?

EDIT: and now I feel stupid for posting before watching the vid...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'll test wolf later today. It seems that your dash attack does a good job putting people right onto to the platform so they have to land on it(at low percents obviously) this would make your opponent shield, thus you can set up the lock.

the best thing to do is find out which of your throws force your opponent right onto the onto the platform. Most people shield when put in this position because they'll be hit by your follow up they you don't. Hit them off while they're shielding and voila; awesome frame trap

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll test wolf later today. It seems that your dash attack does a good job putting people right onto to the platform so they have to land on it(at low percents obviously) this would make your opponent shield, thus you can set up the lock.

the best thing to do is find out which of your throws force your opponent right onto the onto the platform. Most people shield when put in this position because they'll be hit by your follow up they you don't. Hit them off while they're shielding and voila; awesome frame trap
Wolf's bthrow puts characters right on the platform.

D

Deleted member

This is pretty awesome.

What is guaranteed after Wolf hit's them with his down-tilt for the forced get up?

Chuee

Smash Hero
Does dsmash force a getup though?
I know wolf has plenty of moves that can lock at low %, but Im not sure what he has for higher %s.

Laem

Smash Champion
lol dsmash wont cause the forced getup thats for sure
but dsmashing afterwards is WEAK
whatcha wanna do is falling uair to bair and depending on % alot of additional bairs :D :D :D
whats even better, if theyre at mid % like 60 im pretty sure u can like falling uair to approaching sourspot bairs to potentially additional sourspot bairs (this looks ****ing sexy, its incredible) but almost always just a fair.

Choice

Smash Champion
after dtilt, you should dacus. just like the fthrow string on d3.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I honestly never knew that dtilt could force a getup @_@ nair, first hit of ftilt, and weak bair at low % force a getup, I know that much. I'd follow it up with bair > dacus, dacus, uair > bair/usmash, or grab > dthrow depending on %

As usual, good **** GIMR ;D

:059:

Choice

Smash Champion
people just don't tech dthrow vs me anymore so its become less great to me =/

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I haven't tried this out yet with dtilt, but wouldn't a weak nair be better to use to make them autostand? Aside from that dtilt can be used fairly often since fsmash and bair can trip. Think it's possible to sour spot fsmash > turn around dtilt to make them autostand?

Choice

Smash Champion
i think dtilt would be better than nair caz it does more damage.

Laem

Smash Champion
also fairly sure that 'lock'moves dont cause autostand on trip, only on missed tech

Choice

Smash Champion
yea, you cant lock someone after they trip.

its also not necessarily after a missed tech, its just when they've rebounded off the ground. like if you footstool someone, they cant tech, but you can lock them.

Top Bottom