• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant u-air oos?

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
So I heard that falcon is able to do an upair oos but whenever I try I do an upsmash or grab (or it's too late to hit a grounded opponent). How exactly do you do it?

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Either wait for the wii u version or wait for the new 3DS with the cstick, because that's the only way you're going to get it off without a ton of trouble attached to it.

Kati

Smash Lord
And what does a completely different version of smash have to do with this technique???

Falcon has a jumpsquat of 5 frames in melee, and 4 I believe in PM. In pm, there is that 1 frame of physics delay, so I think it adds back up to 5.

One must input the aerial immediately after the jumpsquat. Which grounded opponents are you trying it on? are you short hopping?

I claw the y button to jump and flick the c stick up with my thumb.

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
Like 90% certain it's because i wasn't short hopping. It seems so obvious in hindsight but I'm using tap jump to do it since I don't want to claw and I don't normally jump with it so I didn't even consider it. Thanks!

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
falcon has 4 frame jumpsquat in each version. waiting for the wii u version is pointless because there will be no wii u version, and the controller has nothing to do with it either. if youre refering to smash 4 please understand this is project m.

you just havent practiced enough. if youre doing an upsmash, youre pressing the attack button too quickly. if youre doing a grab.. then you are pressing the attack button before you press the jump button. either way, you need to slow your input a tad. its all muscle memory, just practice. its not a hard maneuver.

Last edited:
Top Bottom