• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Investigation - Your character's hardest Match Up?

Zelderu Maryoto

Smash Apprentice
Hi. This is an investigation that I made because of curiousity. I got the idea from SuSa, who made an investigation on what was each character's most important match up to learn, whom I PM'd and asked if I could do this investigation. I was allowed to.

Basically, the rules for this investigation is exactly the same as SuSa's, except for the fact that you, in this investigation, are allowed to vote in as many Character Boards as you want to.

I'm posting this investigation in every Character Board on Smashboards. The purpose of this investigation is to figure out what character is one character's hardest. You may discuss it in this thread before you vote.

When you vote, you simply say one particular character you find the hardest for the character in question. But it is your first vote that matters. Whenever I see people have voted in this thread, I edit and write the name of the person that voted and then the character the person voted for.

If you have any question, ask it.

OK, let's get started!

Yaaay - Meta Knight
Meno - Ivysaur
PeachGuard - Marth
Illmatic. - Meta Knight
DraikRoan - Meta Knight

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Lol Yaaay, you and your trolling.

Ivysaur - no question.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Lol Yaaay, you and your trolling.

Ivysaur - no question.
Don't forget Ganon.

On a serious note, I think Peach's hardest MU is Marth.

Metaknight shuts Peach down way less, compared to what Marth can do once you have no choice in taking the ledge.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Marth isnt that hard at all. Even match-up imo, they can bring each other hell. Marth has a lot of holes to exploit and his physics are combotastic.

:052:

Xyless

Smash Master
This is difficult for me to decide. I am actually going to say that Toon Link is probably our worst, we just rarely have to actually face him. Unlike MK and Marth, TL has the sword range bonus AND great projectiles to shut us down.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yeah, but look at it this way.

If the Meta doesn't approach correctly he gets wrecked.
Marth can approach the same exact way he approaches everyone else and still be an extreme hassle.

This in turn makes the MU way easier for the Marth player

Metas really have to know the Peach MU, so they can't play it casually.

Marth is a harder MU for Peach than Meta. We can at least live longer against Meta than Marth.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Yeah, but look at it this way.

If the Meta doesn't approach correctly he gets wrecked.
Marth can approach the same exact way he approaches everyone else and still be an extreme hassle.

This in turn makes the MU way easier for the Marth player

Metas really have to know the Peach MU, so they can't play it casually.

Marth is a harder MU for Peach than Meta. We can at least live longer against Meta than Marth.
What the ****?

???

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
What the ****?

???
What the what?

It's true? What's Marth's main approach to, I don't know, the whole cast? Fair.

When Meta doesn't know the Peach MU, he can get seriously wrecked. Meta can't play casually to win. He has to change certain things in his playing style.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
PG, I am only gonna say this so you don't get into anymore trouble and flames then you have already got. Don't go spilling out crazy things like that. Better yet, don't go talking about match ups until you experienced them at high levels of play. And by that I don't mean playing your friends and beating them, then thinking you know whats up. Those 2 post you just made are insane. Just back out dude before you make yourself look worst.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
yea PG u shud've played my MK at Dallas. MK really doesn't have to change much. The hardest part for me is spacing juggles so that Peach doesn't smack me out of the air but well, just tornado. I think that MK can usually do **** **** to some characters but that with Peach an MK's spacing just needs to get a little more precise and MK needs to be safer and use nado punishes more.

also, if Marth goes in just fairing, Peach will **** him. Peach outspaces that move pretty well and she can just camp.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
yea PG u shud've played my MK at Dallas. MK really doesn't have to change much. The hardest part for me is spacing juggles so that Peach doesn't smack me out of the air but well, just tornado. I think that MK can usually do **** **** to some characters but that with Peach an MK's spacing just needs to get a little more precise and MK needs to be safer and use nado punishes more.

also, if Marth goes in just fairing, Peach will **** him. Peach outspaces that move pretty well and she can just camp.
Oh, my mistake.

I do understand that Marth's Fair is outranged by our own, but his is way too damn fast, and can still end up gimping us.

Alright well, I guess I'd have to say...

Hardest MU (In the air) MK
Hardest MU (On the Ledge) Marth. 10Marths.

I still find them both pretty difficult. I know for a fact we can camp Marth, but he's quick enough to punish turnip pulls which can be kind of scary. Then when you play an MK, you don't spam turnips, you pull one and save it, or create openings or cover options.

:urg: Sorry.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I still find them both pretty difficult. I know for a fact we can camp Marth, but he's quick enough to punish turnip pulls which can be kind of scary. Then when you play an MK, you don't spam turnips, you pull one and save it, or create openings or cover options.

:urg: Sorry.
I wonder why you couldn't do that again Marth.

:053:

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I say Snake for me...

MK is tough, but everyone has looked so deeply into that matchup that it isn't as hard as people say.
Falco is just playing smart, outcamping (it works for me), and getting past lasers
Marth is all about spacing and turnips. Turnip play is my strong point, so not as difficult as Snake
Olimar used to be a bad matchup for me, but I figured that if you can get them in the air, its so easy
Dedede is tough on wifi, but once you get past his waddle dees and bairs, its combo heaven
Toon Link is hard, but If my opponent is good, I just get the lead and camp
Wario, Diddy, ICs, Kirby, and everyone else is just playing smart.

I really don't like snake, though. It might just be the boost he gets on wifi, but it's extremely difficult for me to get past grenades and ftilt. Also, keeping a 1:2 damage ratio is hard considering ftilt does 20%. 5-6 ftilts, then 1 utilt kills peach.

Oh well. Just my thoughts. Sry if all this doesn't belong here DX

Roxas215

Smash Lord
TL isn't the worst. I fight KT daily. It is a hard and stressful MU for sure. But the key to winning with Peach is stay in that lil boy face. Peach can keep pressure on him. I will say the MU is 60-40 TL

Mk is by far Peach's worst MU.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link... I just don't have the patience. MK is pretty straightforward for me. =/

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
DDD takes forever to kill, even if you had a fresh attack hit. Snake gays Peach so hard. You're better off just running the timer, because he doesnt die at all.

I hate Kirby so much.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
DDD takes forever to kill, even if you had a fresh attack hit. Snake gays Peach so hard. You're better off just running the timer, because he doesnt die at all.

I hate Kirby so much.
No expects to kill a large blue Penguin quickly. XD how can you hate the little pink marshmellow? He's a big star! XD I'm joking around with the Kirby part.

Top Bottom