• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is humanity a virus?

.-.Prδχγ.-.

Smash Rookie
In definitive words, a virus is a organism that uses the resources provided by its host, drains the host, and eventually, moves on to the next able bodied victim, thus, in turn, killing its original host.

Now, when looking at humans, we seem to fit this description, and if not, take it to an extent farther.

on the contrary, we see many rapid growths in stabilizing and providing for our environment and plan to stay for century's to come.

And as the question states, are we a virus?

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
i have a thing in food products what they put in there ingredients for example corn syrup and high fructose can cause diseases and even death. They do this to kill humanity.

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
No, because that is a twisted wording of the original definition. A virus is a microscopic agent that infects other living cells in order to replicate.

Humans do neither.

CrackaaJack

Smash Cadet
In definitive words, a virus is a organism that uses the resources provided by its host, drains the host, and eventually, moves on to the next able bodied victim, thus, in turn, killing its original host.

Now, when looking at humans, we seem to fit this description, and if not, take it to an extent farther.

on the contrary, we see many rapid growths in stabilizing and providing for our environment and plan to stay for century's to come.

And as the question states, are we a virus?
Who is the host that we are draining that you are reffering to? If it's Earth then this is a characteristic of all life, we rely on our surroundings to find food and water to stay alive. A virus (like Lichi said above) is a microscopic agent that infects other living cells in order to replicate. In some poetic way you could refer to humans as a virus but in a literal way we are nowhere close to a virus.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
We aren't a virus so much as we are stupid. Not all of us quite yet, but unfortunately stupid is highly contagious. One might say it is an epidemic.

Last edited:

Mauro.

Smash Rookie
Humans, I don't think so, for now.

Humanity, as a set of ideas and culture, maybe so. Your question reminded me this video:

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
For one thing we would need to find another ablebodied host to truly be a virus. In reality we are more of a parasite. We take the resources from the host and either give nothing in return or unusable garbage like toxic waste and plastic. However slowly we are moving towards a mutual relationship (forgot the term) when the earth provides for us and we give back to it. However we have a long way to go and with the rising human population it might not ever happen.

.-.Prδχγ.-.

Smash Rookie
i do agree with you on the epidemic of stupidity, for it does seem to spread at an unrelenting pace.

Top Bottom