• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Marth being promoted to a starter character

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
If that were to happen, we would wind up getting the two clones as unlockable and I don't think that's really something good. I mean, both Falco and Wolf were unlockable in Brawl, yeah, but we had Fox as a starter.
Don't forget Marth & Roy being unlockables in Melee (Roy was a clone to Marth), and Wolf was more or less a semi-clone to both Fox & Falco (he had completely new attacks all over (including his grab throws which strangely doesn't use the blaster in any of his throws), except the same 4 B moves (changed to fit his style), and the same exact final smash).

Having a character and his/her clone as unlockable while the original character is also unlockable could happen again (that's if Marth stays as a locked character again, although I highly doubt he'll be a locked character this time around (since he was the 1st FE character revealed for these games, long before Ike was confirmed to return (Ike I believe was the 1st FE character revealed for Brawl).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom