• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a guaranteed regrab combo on Marth at 0%?

Rayzorium

Smash Apprentice
I'm used to being able to just d-throw regrab Marth in Melee. After experimenting a little, however, I've noticed that in PM, regrabbing is completely impossible at any % if they DI away, whereas it used to be a free ride to the ledge.

Fortunately, at most percents, upthrow combos work great, possibly better if they DI away, but I still don't know what to do at 0%. My best bet seems to be sticking an uair in there, but no matter what, there seems to be a window where I can get hit before the regrab. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Instead of a regrab, try something else if the regrab doesn't work. Anything that's a chance to tack on damage should be taken. Try maybe a simple dash attack or a really fast Short Hopped U air

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
At zero percent? I would d-throw then shffl N-air. All he can do against it is air dodge sideways, and that would just get him grabbed after anyway.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
They can easily DI out of the D-Throw chaingrab, more optimal followups are to be had by U-Throwing Marth, I recommend that you work on doing those instead.

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
U-throw U-air > U-air could work but I'm pretty sure since it wouldn't put him into fall he could F-air between your up airs.

T-R3X

Smash Cadet
grab combos are entirely DI dependent; d-throw regrab isn't guaranteed in melee either.
If you're getting hit before regrab after the uair you're probably not inputting the up air fast enough but it's also DI dependent - ASDI is probably enough to escape that.
Anyways marth is floaty enough to focus more on juggle than regrab combos so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Last edited:

dinn3rr

Smash Cadet
At 0 percent I usually Dthrow->shffl nair->regrab (if they dont DI)->uthrow->knee or uair

or: dthrow->shffl nair->regrab->uthrow->knee/uair

Top Bottom