• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there ANY Game & Watch footage?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I've noticed the pictures from the SSE, but I have yet to stumble upon Game & Watch in action! I love the guy, and I need to know how awesome he's gotten this time.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Ya I would also like to see some footage too...I also wanna see what his stage looks like now

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVfEaTwgn_s

Six minutes of Game&Watch and ROB right there, including G&W's final smash.

Not included are his specials except for his Up-B, unfortunately. Most of his moves look about the same, some minor alterations (his up-B parachute now slows his fall, his d-air moves him downward). I wonder if he still has his total crap down-B...

Chepe

Smash Lord
There are two changes to his moveset noticeable as of far, in that video:

- Up B is now Fire+Parachute. He gets launched up the same but has a one second parachute float before falling. Worthy of notice is that he can attack after his Up B like Sonic and Snake...

- Neutral Air is new, seen at 3:52 into the vid. All his other aerials are seen in the video, and since his parachute is seen in Up B it is easy to deduce this one. He holds a circle (fish bowl?) above him and two drops spill out from either side of him. Can anyone recognize the game its from thus giving us the move's name?

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
1. Parachute is no longer neutral aerial (old)
2. New neutral aerial:

3. Manhole has been nerfed D: It now sends opponents to the side instead of up.
4. Up-B now sends enemies to the side, pretty well. No more being owned after up-B'ing, I guess :)
5. His beeping changed! Sure, it's more like the original G&W now, but still...I liked his beeping in Melee :(
6. Confirmed moves:

Dash attack: Helmet

Neutral A: Um...I have no idea what it's called ^_^
Forward A: Chair
Down A: Manhole (now sends opponents to the side instead of upwards)
(no news about up-a, the flag, yet)

Forward Smash: Torch
Down Smash: Hammers
Up Smash: Scuba Helmet

Neutral Aerial: Unknown. Some kind of fish bowl?
Forward Aerial: Box
Down Aerial: Key
Up Aerial: Uh, whatever that's called
Back Aerial: Turtle

Up-B: "Fire" to Parachute
Side-B: Judgment Hammer
(no news about neutral or down B yet)

One of the taunts: Alarm
(other taunts unknown)

Final Smash: Tentacle **** :p

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
GaW can cancel the Up-B into an aerial!

Also, his Usmash is WAY faster.

Does it seem like his Dtilt has more range to you?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
His B-air now has an electrical charge like Zeldas F-air nad it has almost no landing lag

Red7z7

Smash Apprentice
in the two vids ive seen he never does a parachute except the one that follows his up+b, is there any proof his nair is still chute?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W's D-tilt is NOT nerfed. It seems the horizontal knockback should actually get some KOs off the side, or set up for ledgeguarding. The longer range is also good. It's different, but I think overall better.

BTW:
The F-tilt is called "Lion"

The U-air is called "Spitball Sparky"

F-air is "Mario Brothers"

D-air is "Donkey Kong Jr"

The U-smash is from "Octopus". So is his Final Smash.

Weldar

Smash Cadet
Is there any footoage of Mr Game and Watches new stage, I'm reallly curious about it

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Not high tier, I hope not cause then all the tier whores would use G&W and not just those who really love him =[

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Not high tier, I hope not cause then all the tier whores would use G&W and not just those who really love him =[
Ehh...im not too worried about that really! XD

Yet I must say due to G&W having some nice air game...and a BIG focus is areals now...He might be up there this time....Oh ya, G&W's Bair beats Metaknight's Fair and Bair! =D

...I just hope his combo's don't allow for much DI'ing though...otherwise racking up dmg MIGHT be an issue...

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Oh ya, G&W's Bair beats Metaknight's Fair and Bair! =D
has anybody tested this out?

...I just hope his combo's don't allow for much DI'ing though...otherwise racking up dmg MIGHT be an issue...
that would be G&W's last problem. With the new DIs and physics landing comboes is going to be impossible for almost everyone. And G&W is pretty fast, so he should be able to follow up pretty well.

Top Bottom