• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Is there something wrong with my 3DS

Do you think there is something wrong with my 3DS if it takes longer to startup a game?

• Yes.I think you should go ask Nintendo for help

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I don't know.Your choice

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No.I think it's just fine.

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Raythegamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
StrikerZ
3DS FC
1864-9222-9909
I realized that recently when I bought this game and downloaded the update it takes longer to startup my other games,like Pokemon Shuffle.Normally I ignore it but it's has been longer recently.I wonder what does it mean...

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
This could generally happen when your memory is full. Try:
1. take out sd card when system is off.
2. put in computer.
3. copy all files into a folder on desktop
4. remove sd and insert into 3ds.
5. go inst System Settings and delete some save info and downloadable content.
(side note) Also go into photos and music and delete some of that. Some of them. I have 598 songs, and they're over 4.3gb (not even over 5 min.)

Raythegamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
StrikerZ
3DS FC
1864-9222-9909
This could generally happen when your memory is full. Try:
1. take out sd card when system is off.
2. put in computer.
3. copy all files into a folder on desktop
4. remove sd and insert into 3ds.
5. go inst System Settings and delete some save info and downloadable content.
(side note) Also go into photos and music and delete some of that. Some of them. I have 598 songs, and they're over 4.3gb (not even over 5 min.)
Hmm does 8998 blocks seem little to you?
Also,I don't even use it for pictures or anything.Just games

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Hmm does 8998 blocks seem little to you?
Also,I don't even use it for pictures or anything.Just games
That is a lot. I never knew you had that much memory. Well, I would just wait until the next system update. If you got problems with that afterwards, you need repairs

murdey

Smash Rookie
My 3ds takes forever to load anything, I thought the console was just slow

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
Mine does the same thing and I have a 32 GB SD card, I figured it was just normal with the updates, miis,photos,videos and whatever else its trying to load. Honestly it doesn't really bother me as stages and other stuff loads very quickly. I'm sure yours is fine, I don't think you need to contact nintendo unless you really want too.

ZeroKarma

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-3739-6211
Sometimes the system itself can't deal with a lot of information (games, software, also themes), it doesn't run like the wii u or any other system.

pokemoner2500

Smash Rookie
NNID
slifer2500
3DS FC
4699-7156-4669
If you're going straight from Smash to other games than yes that's normal as Nintendo decided to be ***** and have it load really slow on the o3ds (yes this is intentional to promote n3ds), if you mean from straight up booting the console then it's probably just getting old, if it's new (as in just bought it and it wasn't used) then yes you may want to call Nintendo.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I never payed much attention to it, but mine does this too.

It doesn't bother me much, since the games themselves run just fine.

:006:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Smash chews up a lot of processing power in the older 3DS models. Even the Wii U version starts up slow.

D

Deleted member

It's always been like that.. it has to do with the processing power of the machine. The game starts faster on a New 3DS system.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's always been like that.. it has to do with the processing power of the machine. The game starts faster on a New 3DS system.
Pretty much this. Smash 3DS is currently the only software title that does not allow you to access Miiverse while you're playing it on the older 3DS models. Likewise, after you close the Smash 3DS software, the system has to reboot, which doesn't happen with the other software titles.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much this. Smash 3DS is currently the only software title that does not allow you to access Miiverse while you're playing it on the older 3DS models. Likewise, after you close the Smash 3DS software, the system has to reboot, which doesn't happen with the other software titles.
The (original, non-New) system also reboots once Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is closed, but that is sort of irrelevant since we're talking about Smash 3DS. As far as I know, that's the only title (besides Smash of course) that does that.

Last edited by a moderator:

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Even if you don't have a lot of stuff, your 3DS can slow down while processing things.
I think it's kind of random, or at least not much you can do about it.
Of course it'll slow down if you have a full memory, but that's not true in your case, so.
My games work fine, but my 3DS can sometimes load a little slower. I had it since launch though.

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
Yeah, the processing of the older 3ds models are a bit slow, so it takes a bit to load.

Top Bottom