• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Yoshi played like Fox?

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Despite not moving as fast, or having as good of a recovery from long distances?

I seem to do.....better maybe? with Yoshi. But I can see how Fox would be played like Yoshi. I'm thinking if I can become good with Yoshi, I can transfer how I play Yoshi to Fox.

Yoshi mains are welcome to chime in as well. I want to get back to playing as Fox, but I'm afraid I'm putting Fox aside for awhile.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Yoshi is definitely similar to Fox with the Jab > Usmash and the Uair kill move, so I can see why they'd seem similar. Still, even though I don't play Fox, the problem with answering this question is that people haven't really agreed on how to play Yoshi, from what I've seen in the Yoshi boards.

I'd like to see what other people think, though.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Yoshi is definitely similar to Fox with the Jab > Usmash and the Uair kill move, so I can see why they'd seem similar. Still, even though I don't play Fox, the problem with answering this question is that people haven't really agreed on how to play Yoshi, from what I've seen in the Yoshi boards.

I'd like to see what other people think, though.
I was about to post this thread in the Yoshi discussion area. Might still do so.

What I would say from my experience using Yoshi is he has end lag problems that Fox doesn't, such as the end lag of his ground pound or egg roll, which leaves Yoshi heavily vulnerable, aside from the short-lived recovery Yoshi suffers from, which Fox covers more area in his fire + fox illusion move.

Top Bottom