• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isn't Pit's Bow/Swords much larger in Sm4sh than in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moltenrokk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moltenrokk
This maybe have been asked before but i just wanted some else to clarify. To me they seem much larger than Brawl's length and defiantly add to his game much better. Last game, he basically had the range of a melee fighter because of how short his attacks were. They seem much larger in this game and I wonder how they now compare to other sword wielders in the cast.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Pit in Brawl.

Pit in SSB4. Either he's shorter or the bow's bigger. Possibly even both.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Bow's larger when indicating the blue closest to the middle of the bow. Brawl's has a thinner portion of blue there while Smash 4's larger and more smooth. His hitboxes are larger though, but Pit's size seems the same. Plus Pit does have different move animation that also adds to his improved range, though his U-air and N-air look the same despite having better range.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Really, we should be comparing his idle poses instead, since the bow bends when he pulls it back.
I think that only applies to Link and Toon Link who use regular bows. Pit's magic, blades bow is special that way.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I seem to recall Sakurai specifying he wanted to increase Pit's overall strength and power in this iteration of Smash. It would be a logical step to increase the size of his chosen weapons as such.

Possibly just conjecture and psychosomatic interpretation at play, but is their any discernible distinction between the size and design of the bow in Brawl and it's later appearance in Uprising? I seem to notice the physical properties of his bow evolved (subtly) along with the rest of the design between those two games.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I seem to recall Sakurai specifying he wanted to increase Pit's overall strength and power in this iteration of Smash. It would be a logical step to increase the size of his chosen weapons as such.

Possibly just conjecture and psychosomatic interpretation at play, but is their any discernible distinction between the size and design of the bow in Brawl and it's later appearance in Uprising? I seem to notice the physical properties of his bow evolved (subtly) along with the rest of the design between those two games.
I remember thinking the bow looked really big in SSB4, but I haven't really noticed a difference between Brawl and KIU, and I'd typically notice this kind of thing.

We should probably quit spitballing and compare pictures now...

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
This maybe have been asked before but i just wanted some else to clarify. To me they seem much larger than Brawl's length and defiantly add to his game much better. Last game, he basically had the range of a melee fighter because of how short his attacks were. They seem much larger in this game and I wonder how they now compare to other sword wielders in the cast.

Yes Pits bow is larger than in Brawl. And that is good. Look at the other fighters like Palutena or Shulk. They have a great range. If Pit wouldn't be increased, the range could be so bad like in Brawl. In my opinion the range in Brawl was bad, but in SSB4 it looks great. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom