• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab to Ftilt viability?

skwaag5233

Smash Cadet
Hey Everyone,

I've been experimenting with Roy for a bit and I've found that this combo works prettty consistently when I use it with friends, but I've never used it in a tournament setting. I was wondering if anyone else has experimented with this?

Most of the time I find myself using it with either

SHFFL fair-> Jab -> Ftilt

or

bait -> Wavedash in/out -> jab -> Ftilt

and I usually follow up with another ariel depending on how they DI.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
using jab actually isnt a bad mixup at all. you can do things like fair > dtilt, then mixup with fair > jab to net dfferent follow ups. dtilt is by far the more rewarding follow up, and fair > dtilt is one of roys most staple approach approach and combo options, but putting a jab out sometimes, connecting with the tip, and combining it with an ftilt is likely vialbe here and there (particularly on FFers where ftilt sets up for tech chases).

Top Bottom