• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*joygasm*

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
It is Soul Calibur, but I highly doubt that (even if they really do go through with it) it would be released this year.

Just Put Soul Calibur Movie in Google search, and you'll find that poster...

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
They're making a movie out of a lot of games now... Splinter Cell is also scheduled to be released this year. As well as Alice...

saberhof

Smash Master
yeah i also saw the trailer for the zelda movie[/sarcasm]

seriously, you really think theyre gonna do a movie about each game that makes a success in selling?, look at metroid, they were supposed to be making one, yet, it failed, i wasnt very informed on this cause i didnt really care, but its an example

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
If Hollywood keeps going down the path its been, then I would say you should look forward to more sequels, remakes, videogame base movies, comic book based movies, and movie versions of old TV shows nobody watched....

Are they going to make a movie out of every successful game? No way, but they will be making as many as they can before the "videogame based" craze dies out....

Captain Yesterday

Smash Rookie
A Soul Caliber movie? I have a bad feeling about this one. There has never been a good movie based on a fighting game.us

saberhof

Smash Master
heres what i found, sounds like BS to me but everything is possible:

Gamespot said:
Soul Calibur film rights snapped up
American Pie producer Warren Zide will bring Namco's fighting game to the big screen.
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Mar 3, 2004 6:50 pm PT
What do American Pie's Stifler and Soul Calibur's Sophitia have in common? Two words: Warren Zide. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the American Pie and Final Destination producer has purchased the film rights to Namco's fighting game series.

While no date has been set, the project will be Zide's first under his new Sony-based production banner, Anthem Pictures. Matthew Rhodes, Noel Vega, and Jesse Warshal will coproduce.

While no details were given on the Soul Calibur movie's plot, it is likely it will take elements from the original Dreamcast and arcade game as well as from Soul Calibur II, the arcade, PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube sequel. Both games concern a cast of mighty warriors, lots of brutal hand-to-hand combat, and the all-powerful Soul Edge.

GameSpot will have more details on the Soul Calibur movie as its preproduction nears.
some um, "vids":
http://www.soulcaliburthemovie.com

Where i got stuff:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/soulcalibur2/news_6090622.html

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
pssh, I'm still waiting for the Max Payne movie. And sequel.

And yeah, this is a real movie.

saberhof

Smash Master
well yeah, now i belive, but, anyone got any idea of how this will be done?...maybe real life sword fighting, will we get to see yoshimitsu in theatre?!! and cervantes>?!?1, i have no idea witch actors are gonna act this...well ill go figure this out more now.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I really want to see Voldo played out on here.

And it took me an hour to realize what you meant by "Nightmarish" guess. Shame on me.

saberhof

Smash Master
well being my favorite game, now i am exited, i shall find pics of um, actors who can resemble these characters:

mitsurugi(?) he needs a mustache:

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Oh, no. Not another one. Hopefully, they'll make it with an incredible story not based on the game. That's what made mortal Combat the only good video game movie.

saberhof

Smash Master
Oh, no. Not another one. Hopefully, they'll make it with an incredible story not based on the game. That's what made mortal Combat the only good video game movie.
so true....

astaroth:
well its close...i hate choosing actors. i want it to keep going, lol at this one site they want owen wilson as raphael sorel.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
well I loved the games so I hope the movie will not disappoint

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm thinking Lucy Liu for Taki. She might be lacking some of the... er... essential equipment that Taki enjoys *cough*, but uh...

Yeah I just love Lucy Liu and she needs to be in as many movies as possible. She could play all the characters for all I care. :p

Top Bottom