• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just a Few Quick Questions...

Devl

Smash Journeyman
I havent had the chance to play brawl yet, since ive been very busy with work and school etc. This also means that I havent had the time to fully research the online capabilities of brawl. I was just wondering about a few things:
1. There is a matchmaking system of host/join match right? You dont need friend codes for every match correct?
2. Can I host a match and invite a friend into the match and then play teams with that friend?
3. The host of a match decides the settings right?

Thanks for any help you can give me I know this is annoying but I dont really have the time to look into each of these and I need to know before brawl comes out.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
I havent had the chance to play brawl yet, since ive been very busy with work and school etc. This also means that I havent had the time to fully research the online capabilities of brawl. I was just wondering about a few things:
1. There is a matchmaking system of host/join match right? You dont need friend codes for every match correct?
2. Can I host a match and invite a friend into the match and then play teams with that friend?
3. The host of a match decides the settings right?

Thanks for any help you can give me I know this is annoying but I dont really have the time to look into each of these and I need to know before brawl comes out.

Yes, but only with random people.
They can join your game and then set teams up once they arrive.
Yes.

Devl

Smash Journeyman
thanks for all the help, but i was wondering if someone could plz answer just one more question for me. I just wanna make sure i 100% understand the process here, lets say I have a wii that is connected to wifi and brawl, and a friend who also has a wii that is connected to wifi and brawl. Step by step, what do I have to do to play team matches with my friend on my team, and can we stay in a party type menu and go from match to match or do we have to reconnect and find each other each time? Please answer this would be a tremendous help, thanks again for everything.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol this isnt halo matchmaking buddy. altho id gladly pay the 50 a year for wii service like that >_______>. FCs are getting old. adding 20 people with 12 digit numbers. anyway to anwser ur question if you want ur friend in your party invite him and do team match agaist 2 other guys in your FC im not sure u can do that with anyone. just pple u hav Fcs

Top Bottom