• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just started picking up Lucas. What's the general use of his D-Tilt and "uncharging?"

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
By 'uncharging' I mean pressing B after already charging with B, getting rid of your charge. I could see it being useful to gain a bit more aerial horizontal momentum but you have to charge up all over again after doing it.

Last edited:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
D-Tilt is mostly a kind of quick punish move/used after crouch cancelling to alleviate pressure on yourself/start a combo at mid-high percents.

We call "Uncharging" Offense Up (OU) Burst and for the most part... It isn't all THAT useful, at least we as Lucas players haven't implemented it well enough. When I use it it's to stop players when they overextend/slip up while being on top of me. For example, Falcon thrives off of being on top of his opponent's for as long as possible and has a decent sized body for the hitbox to connect, so I like it in THAT match up. Otherwise you can use it as an out of shield too.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Its useful, but its his newest move and is very unique, so its use hasn't really been standardized yet. Its one of his fastest starting moves, has immediate invincibility, very little knockback scaling, and a bunch of endlag.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I tried using it out of PKF -> backwards (not reversed) magnet, and it just seems to slow Lucas' momentum down.
It seems fastest out of a dash -> jump.
can OU be wavebounced or b-reversed?

drummaniac28

Smash Cadet
I tried using it out of PKF -> backwards (not reversed) magnet, and it just seems to slow Lucas' momentum down.
It seems fastest out of a dash -> jump.
can OU be wavebounced or b-reversed?
Indeed it can. You b-turnaround it also, but that's completely pointless!

Top Bottom