• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Hat Tier List-finished

Fiery_Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
the reason fox is lower on the list is because u dont usually hav much, if any, time to shoot the blaster b4 fox is right in ur face. besides, u dont hav to agree with the teir list. wen i play kirby, i dont use his inhale attack very much, but wen i do, i no exactly wat moves i want to use. these are more suggestive. u can play kirby anyway u like. u dont hav to use this teir list :kirby:

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ganon should not be above Falcon.
I think Falco should be at the top. The laser just becomes much better with 6 jumps :laugh:

Dr.Peabody

Smash Journeyman
with shiek and falco, u wont have anytime to squeze in an effective attack... just because u r taking the hat of a top tier doesnt mean thats the best hat... personaly for me though i like samus's hat, just adds alot of power, and can counter a missle spammer

mOi

Smash Rookie
From what I'm reading I'd say everyone has his own opinion in what is the best kirby hat. I don't think there could be a best kirby hat, because everyone has a favorite. Eventually it's the player that desides which hat is most usefull

KiRbY_8o8

Smash Rookie
i think that mewtwo should be higher cause if you are fully charged and get hit off the edge then you can turn around and use the blast as another jump.

Echoist

Smash Apprentice
The Great Marth said:
lol, kailo your so dumb........kirby is very low on the tier list. and adding some stupid hat to him doesnt help him better AT ALL!

I cant believe u even tried making something stupid like this...
I agree with U. =)

Dr.Peabody

Smash Journeyman
well i disagree. adding pills or a charge shot can make kirby much better. wont necesarly change his tier position though :ohwell:

K10

Smash Apprentice
I would say either Samus or Mewtwo should be higher, but Ganon and C. Falcon should be a lot higher since punches are hard to avoid in multiplayer if they dont make loud, obvious sounds.

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
Sorry but ken wouldnt be where he is if he used yoshi instead of marth.
Also, by me stating that i chose marth since day one prove i dont rely on top tier...

now how hard was that to grasp?
I dont rely on top tier....i just know people picking DK or yoshi will NEVVVVVER be at a high rank like ken and CJ. Plus, i got the game on the 2nd or 3rd day it was out....tier list WAS NOT talked about on the2nd 3rd day.....so shut up Mo-Ron untill you know something.
Just because you choose Marth, an obscenely strong character, means you don't rely on skill much, and just rely on flaws in the game. Good job. You flame people for playing a character that requires skills. Not everyone has a built in counter for you to spam.

Just because you don't rely on the teir list, doesn't mean Marth isn't an insanely strong character. His stats are way over the top, like Shieks. =/

I hope they even out the characters more in the Smash Revolutions. =(

But yeah, nice list. :D

Rickety

Peace and Love
I<3Shiek said:
Just because you choose Marth, an obscenely strong character, means you don't rely on skill much, and just rely on flaws in the game. Good job. You flame people for playing a character that requires skills. Not everyone has a built in counter for you to spam.

Just because you don't rely on the teir list, doesn't mean Marth isn't an insanely strong character. His stats are way over the top, like Shieks. =/

I hope they even out the characters more in the Smash Revolutions. =(

But yeah, nice list. :D
Well Said. :]
(And that's coming from a Marth user~! I also use the Donkey, though)

Scud

Smash Apprentice
gosh....lots of people are so mean lol.

even though i dont play kirby.........thanks for the list kailo :)
so many people first off dont understand that it is a tier list on importance of the hat against that specific character. i feel sorry for them. Others are explaining why one hat is better than the other just cause it is faster/stronger or whatever characteristic without saying anything about the character you are fighting. Sure the list isnt perfect but it is pretty well thought out.

personally i like playing the characters i like, even if they arent the greatest. if i want to win then yes i will use the best one. But skill does play into a HUGEEEEEEEEE amount.... Not only the character. But I do agree that a pichu player prolly isnt going to win the nationals......:-/ heh

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
dude..2 years later this list still owns..melee>brawl
Too bad Melee Kirby<Brawl Kirby. The cruelty of SSBB...better character, worse game.

Actually, it was a good idea to bring up this tier list again for viewing. It is not like any thread on this board will drop off anytime soon.

How is there not a hat tier list in either Kirby guide on this sub-forum?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Falco, Samus, Mewtwo, Doc, Sheik, Mario are all good for Kirby and give either spammable stuff or killing power.

Pikachu's is unnecessary but can be helpful. On the off chance he's trying to ultra-camp you it can help deal with the spam with counterspam if you don't feel up to just d-tilting or f-tilting the jolts or wding back into shield or powershielding them (etc) when he approaches backed by spam.

Fox would be good if Fox wasn't super fast and didn't just u-smash you when you jumped to shoot. Or grab you when you're about to land, etc. This is not the case and Fox's blasters are pretty useless. Maybe on his Green Greens counterpick? Even then normal swallow is probably preferred for the potential gimping. To make it worthwhile too much has to be working in your favour and honestly this is Kirby.

Link and Young Links' arrows aren't particularly stellar, even on someone as amazing as Kirby. Swallow is probably better. Maybe for giggles or something but arrows don't help much. They eat through bombs but lose to boomerangs and take a while to charge and honestly Kirby's not outcamping anyone. You could be creative and find a use in some awkward edgeguarding situation perhaps, but it won't come up often.

Bowser's is weird. Kirby gets the flame cancel in each version. So he can do that for tricks. Not sure how practical it is but maybe someone will make some weird Kirby shield pressure technique with it (unlikely).

Kirby gets Giant Punch from DK. While in theory tech chasing with Giant Punch (or just Giant Punch in general) is a sound plan, Kirby's lack of range and speed and DK's general **** on Kirby prevents this from being very useful.

Everyone not mentioned is useless, so situational it's not worth noting, or forgettable altogether.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Falco, Samus, Mewtwo, Doc, Sheik, Mario are all good for Kirby and give either spammable stuff or killing power.
Pretty much.

I think there are some more you should throw in there when teams is considered (and I peronsally consider teams because that's where I play kirby usually).

But yeah, you hit it on the head with that sentence.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
not very, cause you gotta realize that to get doc's pills, there has to be a doc there. XD

I personally dont think that list is completely accurate, but the main idea is there. I dont think Doc's pills are better than falco's lasers.

Dont get me wrong, pill approaching with kirby is ****ing ******** as hell, but SHDL is too **** good.

Hell, I personally think shadowball is better than pills because shadowball approaching is viable, and shadowball has some KO power.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'd say Falco, Sheik/Samus, Mewtwo, Doc, Mario or something like it if I had to order to good ones.
I'd go somethin like

Falco
Doc
Mewtwo
Samus
Sheik

I know from messin 'round at fast1. Doc pills are too **** good, and a kirby/m2 team is one of the meanest things ever created. But nothing tops Kirby's ability to transform into brawl falco.

olimar kirby is II good lol
Wtf is HBox doing in the Kirby boards talking about sh
it.......I mean Brawl
Oh, dont mind the famished container.

Top Bottom